I am thankful for

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t know why but I never got into college football. Guess cause my school didn’t have a team. As far as NFL, having hard time watching this year.

Don’t know why but I never got into college football. Guess cause my school didn’t have a team. As far as NFL, having hard time watching this year.

I was randomly clicking around and stumbled onto the 4th quarter of Cowboys-Falcons. Then watched most of Chiefs-Chargers.
Two games that had no business being as entertaining and white knuckle-ending as both were.

Thoroughly enjoyed them both, though I am not DVR-ing NFL games anymore.
Just enjoying them when I have time to watch live.
Today has been pretty good!

Saints-Raiders are still to come. I might be watching, even though I don't care about either team....

I watch football to watch football. It has become too much a show.

I'm pretty much done with pro sports in the US because of the intrusion of politics. To fill the void, I've been watching AFL, Aussie footy (Australian rules football). If you get a chance, watch a match, it's a hoot!

To fill the void, I've been watching AFL, Aussie footy (Australian rules football). If you get a chance, watch a match, it's a hoot!
:) :) :)
It can be a very fast-paced game. It is definitely getting to the pointy end of the season now. Games are a little different since covid. I usually go with my daughter to a couple of matches a year, but not this year unfortunately. Our team is Saint Kilda and it looks like we might make it into the finals. We have not won a grand final since 1966. We had a Japanese colleague visit us a while back and he liked the game so much he joined as a member to the club. This started in Victoria and has now spread to the rest of Australia, much to the annoyance of rugby supporters (rugby has a large following in the more northerly states.
afl.com.au

I watched a live cricket game.... One of the players got warned for "conduct not in the spirit of the game" refreshing.
(He was arguing a 4 over, talked back once at a normal tone of voice)

now, all i need to do is figure out the nuances of cricket

I miss baseball.

No minor league games this year, which means no $9 seats where you can set a beer on the dugout and cheer on the team where they can actually respond to you. The MLB games with empty stands and dubbed in crowd noise just isn't the same.

Maybe we will have hockey this year, they delayed this start but are still hoping for a 72 game season.

I've never been a fan of football, college or pro.

I am thankful I have paid off my house and the Thirsty Mosquito Spaceport.

(rugby has a large following in the more northerly states.

I moved from Vic to Northern NSW ten years ago. I still despise rugby.

Used to play baseball in high school, back when Moses was in second base for Jerusalem. Still follow the White Sox who are playing well, despite losing to the Cleveland Indians.

Used to play baseball in high school, back when Moses was in second base for Jerusalem. Still follow the White Sox who are playing well, despite losing to the Cleveland Indians.
I don't know many baseball teams but the White Sox are one of them. I was in Toronto in '92 just after their game against the Blue Jays. The Jays had won and the home town crowd were going wild. People everywhere everywhere in the city. I was heading to the CN Tower which is next to the stadium :).

Did you know that the average length of combined game time is 11 minutes from whistle to whistle for each play?

I did not know it was that short. I do not care about sports-related entertainment. I don't want athletes or commentators to drivel their own non=sports related commentary. When did an NFL player or sportscaster become an expert on COVID or international relations?

Whether you like pro football or not, Monday night's Ravens vs. Chiefs matchup is going to be the game of the year, I think. Go Ravens!

Whether you like pro football or not, Monday night's Ravens vs. Chiefs matchup is going to be the game of the year, I think. Go Ravens!

Agreed, should be a good game.
I will also make an effort to watch on Sunday and flip between Cowboys at Seattle (should be a fun shoot-out), and Bucs at Bronco's (just to see if Tommy has still got it).

The fragility of some people is hard to understand.

Folks are politicizing everything these days, including weather forecasts and sport events.
It only takes a minor effort to ignore the noise, and focus on enjoying life.

Last edited:
same time a whole lot of other people did.
covid experts- about april.
IR experts-2016

Very true. You have to know your weaknesses. I would not dream of telling a quarterback how to toss the rock and they probably should stick to topic they know.

Let's see -- if I gave up watching everything that involved celebrities expressing their political opinions, there would be nothing left for me to watch. The great thing about America is that people are FREE to express their political opinions. I don't begrudge people doing that, even if I think their opinions are foolish.

Sorry but I guess I'm not American. I intensely dislike football and similar sports. The nail in the coffin for me was arriving at U. Ga. and finding that a kid in a bar had had a chair broken over his head. By a football player. The player got out on bail long before the kid got out of the hospital.

That's just wrong.

Football is fun for some fans, and I don't object to fun per se. But it extols violence that flows into the private sector. Look at the football players who have been the subject of restraining orders and the like, from domestic violence. Some of which has been caught on video. Fer cryin out loud, how in the high-holy-hell can someone beat on the person they supposedly love, and vowed "so long as you both shall live"???? Look at the riots when teams win. Or lose. I really can't get my head around that.

Terry
Probably had too many Rolling Rocks...

going to watch cricket this Sunday, Connecticut league semifinals. Windsor Cricket Club at New Britain Cricket Club.

Mail-in voting !

We finally finished filling out our forms, sealed the envelopes, let the post office do the rest.
Delayed the final selection until after we watched super-entertaining Zoom session of 4 local school board candidates competing for 2 openings. Changed our mind about 1 of the two selections due to that online debate. We even let the kids participate in the deliberation, and they made sensible suggestions.

Wish I could say the same about our national candidates.
I live in a state, yet again (4 moves in a row now), where my national vote has zero chance of influencing the outcome.
One of these days I will buy a cabin in a swing state just so that my national vote would matter again! :cool:

a

I dislike politics. I do vote. My vote usually does not count in my home state but that changed a few years ago. Prior to the early 2000s, my state would vote for the same party even if Charles Manson was their lead candidate.

Right now a fly got more air time during the debate than a candidate who is on the ballot in all 50 states. Change this problem and more people's votes might matter in their states too.

/ politcal rant.

Back