hypertek 440cc tank problems

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt_taylor

Reaction score
hi guys
i got a 54mm/440cc system today, i was going over it and i noticed that the vent tube that goes from the top of the tank to the brass fitting, the silver colored thinner bit of tube can side up and down in the large brass tube is this ok??
i hope i make sense to you guys

thanks
matt

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. My vent tube is soldered to a small brass thread that screws into the injector bell housing. The "through-hole" to the "vent" is actually machined into the injector bell housing. I don't have a "larger brass tube". Could you post a picture so we can understand a little better?

Originally posted by matt_taylor
hi guys
i got a 54mm/440cc system today, i was going over it and i noticed that the vent tube that goes from the top of the tank to the brass fitting, the silver colored thinner bit of tube can side up and down in the large brass tube is this ok??
i hope i make sense to you guys
matt

No, it's not meant to do that. If it slides in, you'll get a short fill. If it comes out, you'll get an even shorter fill! Get a new one, they're cheap IIRC.

E-mail them. They will send you a replacement for free. They may ask for the damage part back, but they do pay for the shipping. I had to return my 835cc tank, so I have first hand experience with this ;)

ok , here is two pics to show what i mean, after close inspection i also see were the thiner tubes going into the brass tube there looks to by some glue there but it wasnt put on the right end

ok problem solved , i emailed Cesaroni and all it needs is just a bit of CA

thanks for your help guys

matt

Back