Hyper Glue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't overkill? I mean, I suspect it will be a while before it hits the market and then, it will be more expensive than the rockets it holds together. Maybe not but that's my first impression. In my case, super glue is both super cheap and overkill. I've never had anything break yet.

This line I thought was interesting:

"It turns out the adhesive is particularly effective in high-density polyethylene, "

Do we ever have a need to bond HDPE in anything rocketry? I can't seem to think of anything off the top of my head.

This line I thought was even more interesting:

"Imagine paints that never peel,"

Yeah I'd like to see what the mach junkies of our hobby have to say about that haha. Peeling paint seems to be an issue in our hobby when reaching insane speeds. Not that I know anything about it.

Bonding a layer of HDPE to aluminum would be amazing -- it's super slippery. Think rails, pivots, landing skids

I could see needing to bond PET/HDPE plastics when using stuff like soda bottles for transitions, or other misc rocket parts.

LOC nose cones are polypropylene If it will bond polyethylene, it should bond polypropylene.

Back