Hybrids 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those interested, I've torn THRP-1's motor combustion chamber down and posted a few more pics. I split the fuel grain so you can see the burning surface. This is in the HPR section of the forum.

I'm aiming to fly THRP-1 again at Potter, URRF if not at a different time.

Gerald

I reached out to @ContrailRockets today regarding a possible 54mm acquisition... today's APCP prices have me mind blown!!

Edit: Tom has some interesting irons in the fire regarding the 54mm line up. I am trying to see just what I can order at the moment... aside from the orininal 54mm "system"

Last edited:
Looks like I will be receiving some Contrail 54mm hybrids in the not to distant future. Also, the wireless upgrade to my GSE is all but tested and complete. Just need a bottle warmer or warmer temps!

Looks like I will be receiving some Contrail 54mm hybrids in the not to distant future. Also, the wireless upgrade to my GSE is all but tested and complete. Just need a bottle warmer or warmer temps!
I have a vent detector on the way from Tom, he's a good guy. I also just got my hybrid launch controller setup recently, 3 new 20lb cylinders and a new scale. I already have the 75mm motor, now I need to expand my motor lineup to take better advantage of some savings.

Attachments

• received_689586202584946.jpeg
    received_689586202584946.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 0
  • received_487481593447562.jpeg
    received_487481593447562.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 1
Just obtained a nice length of 4" tube. Probably a low N ish length..... Got access to a mill and lathe for a bit. Time to fire up the hybrid design program and see what I can maximise the materials to get.

Last edited:
Back