Hybrid MMT

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
Dose any one have a pic of there mmt for a hybrid motor im just doing some recearch for a big prodject im working on

they are just about 2x longer than a *normal* mmt to accomodate the N2O cylinder in addition to the usual length motor casing.

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Dose any one have a pic of there mmt for a hybrid motor im just doing some recearch for a big prodject im working on

I have two different hybrid motors. Do you want pictures of the rear closures? If you really mean the MMT's, then Aeropack www.aeropack.net has a few hybrid specific mounts. They are just different caps actually that are a little deeper. I won't have my camera back until later tonight but I can take photos of my motors if it will help. I have a 29mm Rattworks I-90 "Yardstick" and a West Coast Hybrids 38mm "G" motor. This uses the same rear closure as all the WCH motors.

Len Bryan

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Here's a picture of the MMT I built for my LOC EZI-65 for use with Hypertek 54mm motors.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/mbrown/album/index.php?display=EZI-65/01_MMT_Detail.jpg

I beleive I made the MMT 24 inches long. You can see the vent hole between the 2 middle centering rings. With this setup, even if I don't have the vent lined up perfectly with the hole, the small area between the centering rings will pressurize quickly and vent out the airframe hole. At least that's what I tell myself because I have no empirical proof. ;)

Back