Hurricane Kitbashed Blue Ninja

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Here's the Blue Ninja I built yesturday evening. I peeled the blue coating off to expose the silver underneath. Pretty cool huh?

ninja.jpg

Have you ever concidered making that plane in the background into a MMX boost glider?

Cool looking Blue Ninja! My bodytube has started to peel so I might peel the upper BT off.

Karl

That can also happen if you fly it with an E9.

Carl, I believe you know something about this... :D

I should do that to mine. Every time I launch it, it loses more of the blue cellophane.:rolleyes:

Great rocket but Estes really needs to find a better transparent material that adheres better to the tubes.

Just so you guys know, the blue overlay material contains the UV inhibitor...the silver (alum powder) base will now fade away to a geryish/brownish mess with exposure to the sun. Ya might want to find a clear with UV inhibitors to protect what you've now exposed.

Those of us who still have their blue coating on, it is a good idea (while everything is still in one piece, and all neat and tidy) to put a wrap of cellophane tape around the front end of each blue panel, and along the seam.
There may be other ways to protect the blue wrap, but this has worked well for me.

Originally posted by Micromeister
Just so you guys know, the blue overlay material contains the UV inhibitor...the silver (alum powder) base will now fade away to a geryish/brownish mess with exposure to the sun. Ya might want to find a clear with UV inhibitors to protect what you've now exposed.
Meh. It's just a rocket after all. It will probably spend most of its life on my desk anyway.

Back