Hurricane 38 minimum diameter build thread.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S10guy

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.
I've been working on making a composite warehouse hurricane 38 Minimum diameter. This thread will be me documenting my progress and hopefully getting some constructive criticism on how to make it fly faster higher more stable and if I'm lucky get it back in one piece. Please chime in if you think there's a better way of going about accomplishing one of these goals. Below are some pictures of the work I've done so far. Mostly just av bay stuff and got the fins epoxied in place. I have not done proper fillets yet they are essentially "tacked" in place with epoxy.

Electronics.
Eggfinder gps tracking (non HAM)
rrc2
Next step: I just ordered a lab rock rocketry egg finder tx nose cone sled so when that shows up I will be getting all of that installed.

Attachments

• huricane 38 ebay with rrc2.jpg
    huricane 38 ebay with rrc2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 40
  • huricane 38 with pull pin instaled.jpg
    huricane 38 with pull pin instaled.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 47
  • hurricane 38 av bay lay out.jpg
    hurricane 38 av bay lay out.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 53
  • hurricane 38 on desk.jpg
    hurricane 38 on desk.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 55
How did this go? I am looking to do the same. What size motor did you get in it. I haven't started building yet but I have an old version of that same kit and I am planning to build it out minimum diameter vs the 29mm stock. I am trying to think if I could go drogue-less and fit a 1080 case and fly a J570 in it. Would absolutely scream with that motor.

Back