Hump Day Happy Hour is Back !!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered one and some various other items I needed, just too good to pass up!

anyone else having problems downloading the rocksim file?

anyone else having problems downloading the rocksim file?

Yes. Oddly it looks like it downloads in Chrome and the says, "Failed - No file".

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 4.44.21 PM.png

This is way too easy. I am afraid of what I may buy over the next several weeks of rocketry sales. Just bought the Blue one with lime green lettering. Can't wait..

This is great! I love these light weight DD rockets. Got mine with a 38mm MM although I will probably be using 29mm motors in it - but it never hurts to be able to go bigger. Thanks for a great deal! (got mine in blue with lime green lettering too)

This is great! I love these light weight DD rockets. Got mine with a 38mm MM although I will probably be using 29mm motors in it - but it never hurts to be able to go bigger. Thanks for a great deal! (got mine in blue with lime green lettering too)

Yeah. I was going to get the 29mm but since it's DD (never done it) I figured I'd get the bigger tube since I can downsize the motor but can't upsize!

I got one too, with at 38mm. Don't really need it, but I have a friend who was talking about L1. Maybe I have another convert?

Kevin

I got one along with another for a fellow club member in order to split the shipping costs. This appears to be a dual deploy upscale to 54mm of the 38 Special. Or close enough. I very much liked the option of selecting the motor mount diameter as well as the vinyl colors. Very well done.

Sorry about the RockSim files, they are fixed and we have both versions with 29mm and 38mm motor mount.

Thank You
Sales Dept

Received my Adventurer 3 this week from a Hump Day sale a couple weeks ago... all I can say is WOW! what a deal that turned out to be. Thanks for these weekly sales Rocketry Warehouse.

I downloaded the RockSim file for the Scarab-54 with the 38mm motor mount. It appears that the Mass Override is set to 48oz. When I modify the airframe parts so that they have the dimensions of the thin-wall tube and change the material from fiberglass to G10, the estimated mass drops below 2 pounds (mine is 2 pounds with altimeter and recovery HW). It will be interesting to see what the actual mass will turn out to be.

Picked up one of these yesterday... too tempting to pass up (almost got the Adventurer, but was able to hold my resolve that time).

I think there's something about 54mm rockets with 38mm MMT's. I think this one is just begging for an I59.

Anyway, what are the dimensions for thin-wall FG?

Thanks,
-e

Following up. Do you send any other emails other than the Automated one from website at time of purchase? I want to make sure I didn't miss anything ( had trouble with email account last week) or needed to reply to.

I just got the automated email- i replied to it because the SKU said "RW-SCARAB54-BLU" even though I ordered black. I haven't seen anything else, although they did charge my CC over the weekend which leads me to believe it's being shipped soon.

kicking myself for not getting this! maybe I'll have another chance black friday/sat????

Sorry, I meant to get this up earlier.
We will not be having a Hump Day Happy Hour Sales this week as we are preparing for our Grand Black Friday event.

Please stay tuned, as you will not want to miss this event.

Thank You
Sales Dept

I downloaded the RockSim file for the Scarab-54 with the 38mm motor mount. It appears that the Mass Override is set to 48oz. When I modify the airframe parts so that they have the dimensions of the thin-wall tube and change the material from fiberglass to G10, the estimated mass drops below 2 pounds (mine is 2 pounds with altimeter and recovery HW). It will be interesting to see what the actual mass will turn out to be.

Your weight has me puzzled; I weighed my parts and they totaled 31oz. That's just the parts, no shock cord, no altimeter, sled, any eye bolts, or parachute, and no epoxy. I figure everything will weigh closer to 42oz. built.

Your weight has me puzzled; I weighed my parts and they totaled 31oz. That's just the parts, no shock cord, no altimeter, sled, any eye bolts, or parachute, and no epoxy. I figure everything will weigh closer to 42oz. built.

Mine with all the parts weighs in at 45oz. This is the complete rtf rocket minus motor (parachute, AV bay, altimeter, shock cord, tracking bay in NC, eye-bolts, etc...)

Has anyone flown their scarab yet? just wondering if it'll go up on a G, or does it really need an H to get off the rail?

I haven't built mine yet, as my wife forced me to put it under the christmas tree as a present to myself :)

Latest posts

Back