HPR video rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerbs4me

Reaction score
On the back of the newsest Sport Rocketry Magazine there is the Oracle rocket from Estes, it takes video of the launch, looks really cool, but I figured, take the video camera on mount it on a High Powered rocket, now I haven't bought the Oracle yet, so this is just a wild idea:) would this idea work? I'm thinking it would

Probably, but knowing estes, their camera will probably be pretty crappy. If you are looking for a download camera, go on ebay and look at those pencams. They can be found for like $20 or for downlink get like a 800mw camera. Go to low power forum and click on Quest Icarus questions started by bcdlr. The was a lot of talk on these cameras with links. I currently have 7 camera rockets, 6 of which are video rockets. If you have any questions, just PM me and I will send you some stuff about all my video camera rockets. Good luck!

I don't have experinece in camera rockets but I found at Radio Shack two cameras for $30 Canadian. No bigger than 1.5 inches in any direction and one has a usb port to download pics. Sorry, can't remember the name.

Walmart has em' for like 50 bucks. I got one with the complete package off Ebay for 10.

Back