HPR Primer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Thunderous applause) Wow, just, wow! Thanks for this post! This is the most definitive explaination of our hobby I have ever seen compiled at one time in one place. Superlative effort on your investment of time and knowledge to pass this on.
This needs to be a sticky!

Standing ovation too!

well done @mtnmanak !! most excellent run-down!

While I did a 'skim thru' on most of this, I didn't see anything about buttons vs. lugs, rails vs. rod, and what is a ''1010" is. And, 'do I need to bring my own rail / rod / launch equipment'?

@mtnmanak I prefer to have one person write it up, and then make it a locked stickie. (Or, (on another forum I used to frequent) make it an "article" - a white paper or such that is easily found & considered reference / recommended reading.)

That way, it has the same look & feel & read thru. No need to clutter it up with all our opinions. Yes, our opinions are good, but pretty soon, the 'core' elements are lost in a myriad of opinions, jokes, suggestions, glue options, etc.. Keep it a simple, concise read. While our opinions & suggestions may be valid, they do add confusion for the newbie..

Best to add out bits; leave it open for our inputs & opinions & suggestions for the next two weeks. Then have @cwbullet or another Mod weed out all the "opinions" and lock it & stickie it..

yes, i have fat dyslexic flingers!!

I've always wanted a keyboard with the keys about 10-20% larger! Not so much for fat fingers, but for the fact my keyboard moves on my desk. I move it out of the way constantly!

(And this is a good example of a "filler" post that does nothing for the core content of the thread!! :D )

Suggested addition to the above post:

• If your rocket lands outside the boundaries of the field, make sure to get permission from the owner of the land where it landed before attempting to recover.
Clubs have lost launch sites because flyers ignored that basic courtesy.

Back