HPR photos L1-2-3 flights

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L1...again(don't get me started on this BS)
on1C8NM.jpg

They stick me on the leaning rail every frigging time, that's why I failed the previous attempt 🤬 :mad:
pw45coI.jpg

QycFowQ.jpg

Curious as to why the rail caused you to fail?

Nice looking 🚀 and flight!
the first launch rail was tilted even farther in that direction, which is where the trees and knee high grass was, So by the time the rocket hit apogee, it was already 50 yds over in that direction.

If the rail isn't adjustable then a few blocks of scrap wood or the like would help.
Or "I'm worried about the trajectory with the direction that the rail is pointed and I'll wait for one of the other rails".

Strange that the RSO would even let that much of a tilted rail to go unquestioned.

Was that level two from this year at metra ?
I think I was there for that flight and it was awesome!!!
Haha! Thanks, but "No" and "Yes"...it was at Metra, but I certed back a bunch of years ago (I prefaced with "Old OK?). :)

GREAT and quite a surprise to meet a fellow Metrateer!

Wile E Coyote Scare GIF by Looney Tunes

Edit: I do launch it at Metra and it's been the only HP X-15 there that I know of so far, so I'm pretty sure it was my flight you saw.

Last edited:
Haha! Thanks, but "No" and "Yes"...it was at Metra, but I certed back a bunch of years ago (I prefaced with "Old OK?). :)

GREAT and quite a surprise to meet a fellow Metrateer!

Wile E Coyote Scare GIF by Looney Tunes

Edit: I do launch it at Metra and it's been the only HP X-15 there that I know of so far, so I'm pretty sure it was my flight you saw.
Very cool flight

Congratulations on the L2. Awesome video also!

Full J or K motor next?
Could have been better if the onboard camera hadn't run out after waiting 30+ minutes on the flight line...

Yeah, have a 3" in pipeline for more Is and small Js, and then 4" for more Js and Ks.

Here are the liftoffs of my Level 1 through 4 flights ('cause here in Canada we have 4 levels: L1 = H, L2 = I, L3 = J, K, L and L4 = M, N, O).

L1: Aug 30/14 | CTI H255 WT | 1055' | Wildman Shape Shifter Jr.
L2: Oct 11/14 | CTI I255 RL | 4027' | Wildman Shape Shifter Jr.
L3: Sep 3/16 | CTI J381 SK | 4224' | Wildman Punisher 3"
L4: Jul 3/22 | CTI M1830 C* | 7064' | Ultimate Wildman

L1-4.png

Here are the liftoffs of my Level 1 though 4 flights ('cause here in Canada we have 4 levels: L1 = H, L2 = I, L3 = J, K, L and L4 = M, N, O).

View attachment 584856

Love them red line motors

Here are the liftoffs of my Level 1 through 4 flights ('cause here in Canada we have 4 levels: L1 = H, L2 = I, L3 = J, K, L and L4 = M, N, O).

View attachment 584856
I need to do the same and get pics of my L1, L2, and L3. Thanks for the photos

Back