HPR Custom Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[snip]

Created my own open source tool to generate the charts/flight info - Rocket Graph (https://github.com/thzero/rocket_graph) (such as boring name) mostly as an excuse to create an ElectronJs app.

[/snip]

Umm. . .cool? I mean, cool! I've been out of programming for a while, have never flown any GPS and literally your project and pictures make me want to do it ASAP. I like the flight path and the ground path projection especially.

Guess I'm going to have to learn what type of GPS to buy. . .

Thanks for posting the cool project and making it an open source thing.

Sandy.

Umm. . .cool? I mean, cool! I've been out of programming for a while, have never flown any GPS and literally your project and pictures make me want to do it ASAP. I like the flight path and the ground path projection especially.

Guess I'm going to have to learn what type of GPS to buy. . .

Thanks for posting the cool project and making it an open source thing.

Sandy.
Almost all of the GPS options allow an export of the track file for incorporation into Google earth.

Some some further news on this rocket...

Was used successfully for my L2 certification launch the 20th anniversary Midwest Power launch over the weekend. Flew it on a J350W with full electronic deployment and had a great flight at an altitude of 3700'. Weather was absolutely gorgeous on Friday with no clouds and no wind to speak of, pretty much couldn't ask for a better day.

I'll post some pictures, video, altimeter/gps readings, etc. later.

But this rocket can now be retired with some well deserved glory. :)

Some some further news on this rocket...

Was used successfully for my L2 certification launch the 20th anniversary Midwest Power launch over the weekend. Flew it on a J350W with full electronic deployment and had a great flight at an altitude of 3700'. Weather was absolutely gorgeous on Friday with no clouds and no wind to speak of, pretty much couldn't ask for a better day.

I'll post some pictures, video, altimeter/gps readings, etc. later.

But this rocket can now be retired with some well deserved glory. :)

Glad to hear you got it done!

Latest posts

Back