HPR certifications?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missileman

Reaction score
I am wondering how much weight HPR certifications have when outside the US.
Say I am HPR certified with Tripoli or NAR and I want to go to a launch in Canada or the UK will I be allowed to fly HPR at those launches?
Similarly is a Tripoli certification good at a NAR event and visa-versa

TRA cert should be good at an NAR event, and vice versa. I think it is good outside the US (Perhaps check out the LDRS Canada webite?), however I have no experience with this so don't quote me.

I think you can in Canada at least, not sure about others though

TRA Certification is honored in Canada. CAR and TRA and NAR certifications are good at any launch in North America via the reciprocal agreements between the organizations. However NAR insurance is not valid outside of the USA. TRA insurance is the only valid international coverage currently.
If you plan to come to Canada for a launch you should check out the LDRS 24 website if you plan to bring motors or take motors back with you.
The best plan is to buy and fly at launches in Canada so you don't need to do all the paperwork of importing or exporting motors. Hybrids don't seem to have that problem however.

For Canadadians going to the US we need to apply for a Temp LEUP in order to buy or import motors. Info is at the LDRS 24 site at. https://www.ldrs24.org/

Layne Rossi
CAR S767 L2
TRA 10077 L1

UKRA (UK) has reciprocal agreements with NAR , CAR and IMR (Germany) where members can fly at the level they have achieved with their 'parent' organisation.
Don't know about the insurance side though - you might need to be a temporary member . The Tripoli Netherlands guys fly regularly at the big UKRA events here.

You could probably fly at a UKRA event but you would'nt be able to purchase any motors above E level over here in the UK.We needloads of paper work from the boys in blue. :)

Frank (Rebel Rocketry) and the other Dutch guys have flown up to M at UKRA events during the last 2 years. I'm going to the Canterbury Cup meeting tomorrow (Sat) so I'll ask Pete how complicated it was re the motors.

Originally posted by North Star
UKRA (UK) has reciprocal agreements with NAR , CAR and IMR (Germany) where members can fly at the level they have achieved with their 'parent' organisation.
Don't know about the insurance side though - you might need to be a temporary member . The Tripoli Netherlands guys fly regularly at the big UKRA events here.

Tripoli too, I believe.

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
BTW, welcome back to TRF North Star ;)

Haven't really been away .. just lurked for a few years. Partly due to the fact that web based forums are a pain if you only have dial up. In this broadband era t'aint a problem.

Pity you couldn't make it today, it was an education seeing the competition guys and their models - talk about 'cutting edge' . There were a bunch of fliers from Eastern Europe (I think Slovenia - sorry if I'm wrong) so the British team might have been doing some 'intelligence gathering' :D

I really wanted to go, but had to work. I wanted to see the competition stuff too.

I didn't realise you were "actively lurking" ;)

Originally posted by arthur dent
You could probably fly at a UKRA event but you would'nt be able to purchase any motors above E level over here in the UK.We needloads of paper work from the boys in blue. :)

I had a word with Pete Davy today (Pete's Rockets to those not from this side of the puddle) A UK explo cert holder can sponsor an overseas visitor for a temporary 'aquire only' explo cert. So - given a bit of notice and a UK friend or contact it isn't a problem.

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
Tripoli too, I believe.

Unfortunatly not. UKRA and IMR have both tried to get a reciprocal agreement with TRA but there was no response. I personally tried to reach someone at TRA but it seems that they have no interest in getting agreements with European organizations (if not, pls. let me know).

Currently, just NAR and CAR members can fly in Europe since NAR and CAR have agreements with ACME (Italy), UKRA (UK) and IMR (Germany/Austria/Switzerland) and vice-versa. There are also reciprocal agreements between the 3 European organizations ACME, UKRA and IMR. Regaring insurance, the IMR, for example, offers worldwide coverage.

Oliver

Originally posted by Oliver
Unfortunatly not. UKRA and IMR have both tried to get a reciprocal agreement with TRA but there was no response. I personally tried to reach someone at TRA but it seems that they have no interest in getting agreements with European organizations (if not, pls. let me know).

Currently, just NAR and CAR members can fly in Europe since NAR and CAR have agreements with ACME (Italy), UKRA (UK) and IMR (Germany/Austria/Switzerland) and vice-versa. There are also reciprocal agreements between the 3 European organizations ACME, UKRA and IMR. Regaring insurance, the IMR, for example, offers worldwide coverage.

Oliver

I could be wrong, but I believe that both NAR and TRA now recognise UKRA certs, as well as IMR (who were first - I know because I was sec then ;) ) and ACME.

It took a long time with lots of unanswered calls, but I think in teh end it was easy. Change of personell possibly. If you're interested I'd give UKRA a shout and they will put you in touch with who they talked to.

I haven´t found anything about it on the UKRA site, but possible its not up-to-date? Anyway, if you could get in touch with them and let me know, it would be nice! I would prefer agreements between all organizations, it would make things much easier.

Thanks,

Oliver

Originally posted by Oliver
I haven´t found anything about it on the UKRA site, but possible its not up-to-date? Anyway, if you could get in touch with them and let me know, it would be nice! I would prefer agreements between all organizations, it would make things much easier.

Quite possibly it is out of date. I'm not responible for updating it any more ;)

Back