HP ad featuring model rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billspad

Reaction score
There's a two page full color HP ad in today's Wall Street Journal featuring a model rocket.
hp.JPG

Ooh, look! A pedophile! :eyeroll:
Maybe this will help negate any negative effect of a certain PSA...
And it's hard to tell from the photo, but that looks like a pretty good-sized rocket. (By my standards.) Shouldn't he be a little farther away? Oh well, it's nice to see the hobby getting some positive representation.

My first model rocket kit was back in 1975 when HP gave each employee's child a Christmas present. It was the Alpha in the Range Box. The good ole days at HP.

No kiddin!?!? Cool. My wife worked at HP for a couple of years, which saw some changes...

And don't get me started on the WebOS fiasco...

FC

PS Just checked, it's on the HP Facebook page too.

Last edited:
Wow! HP and LPR via the WSJ.

I can't tell from the pic, but is that a woman launching the rocket?

Greg

Its a pun off that video in watering hole featuring model rockets and a pedophile.

Haven't seen that one.
Well, it ticked off a lot of people on here who thought it was going to make everyone think that all rocketeers are monsters, and that now it would be impossible to get young people involved in rocketry because it was used as an example in a PSA. The first half of my post was a comment on that issue and how people reacted to it. (And, more importantly, how they thought other people would react to it.)

Back