Howdy Folks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleestak

Reaction score
I started launching Estes rockets as kid with my dad in the late 80's and early 90's. As I got into middle school I stopped. Many years passed and now that I am married with kids, I wanted to get them into some science activities and figured rockets would do that. Fortunately they both love rockets!

I never planned on getting my HPR cert...but my son's love of Goblins changed all that. I took him to Airfest and when he saw that you could get an upscale 4" Goblin, he absolutely lost his mind. So I bought him a 4" Loc Goblin and ended up getting my L1 on it.

My daughter is going to attempt to get her Jr L1 through TRA this fall...since they allow TMP at 12 years old. I think NAR is 14. Anyway, she is pumped!

The rocket bug has got me pretty hard. Our build pile is out of control and I got my first altimeter (RRC3) and am going to start getting into dual deploy. See ya at the launch!

I started launching Estes rockets as kid with my dad in the late 80's and early 90's. As I got into middle school I stopped. Many years passed and now that I am married with kids, I wanted to get them into some science activities and figured rockets would do that. Fortunately they both love rockets!

I never planned on getting my HPR cert...but my son's love of Goblins changed all that. I took him to Airfest and when he saw that you could get an upscale 4" Goblin, he absolutely lost his mind. So I bought him a 4" Loc Goblin and ended up getting my L1 on it.

My daughter is going to attempt to get her Jr L1 through TRA this fall...since they allow TMP at 12 years old. I think NAR is 14. Anyway, she is pumped!

The rocket bug has got me pretty hard. Our build pile is out of control and I got my first altimeter (RRC3) and am going to start getting into dual deploy. See ya at the launch!
That’s always a fun thing, to go on the journey with somebody else. Kids especially.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome! Please post pictures! :)

Well here are some of my favorite pics. The first one is my favorite. Someone at Airfest gave my kids some free rockets. One was an Aerotech Mustang, and I think that might have been our first composite motor launch...but just look at how nervous my daughter is watching that rocket about to disappear! Unbelievably, we did recover it a mile away from the launch site! No GPS!

Second my is daughter's newly finished Loc Iris that she wanted to get her L1 on...but now she has already started on a Loc 5.5" Minnie-Magg and wants to use that instead LOL.

The last two pics are the Goblin that got us hooked on high power!

Attachments

• Heidi F20-7 Aerotech Mustang.jpg
    Heidi F20-7 Aerotech Mustang.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Heidi 3.1 inch Iris first launch on a G80.jpg
    Heidi 3.1 inch Iris first launch on a G80.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Gunner on Goblin recovery.jpg
    Gunner on Goblin recovery.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 8
  • True Love.jpg
    True Love.jpg