How would you rate the 2020 Superbowl Halftime Show?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
84505638_10218719077580498_5395841059769024512_n.jpg

I never watch the halftime show. I don't watch much of the game either.

The party I was at discovered the puppy bowl and ended up watching that.

I'll have to watch this years h-time show before making an opinion, but I don't think it could compare to the glory we witnessed 5 years ago

Opted out. Stopped liking new music in the early 90s. Would rather see a great singer-songwriter than a half-clothed woman (yes, I'm that old).

On a scale of 1-10, I rate the Halftime Show a solid 3 . . . The only "plus" is that she was not "lip-syncing".

The game, however, I rate a 9 . . . It would have been a 10, without Mahomes' two interceptions !

Dave F.

Meh. Not my thing. I'm not saying it's bad, but while many people like peanut butter and jelly, I don't. YMMV.

I thought the two female performers were in better physical condition than some of the football players, all the dancing had to have been hard work. I don't understand how they can sing and be so physical at the same time. I can't talk on the phone when I'm walking the dog or I'll get too winded!

Overall I thought it was very entertaining.

Tony

I thought the two female performers were in better physical condition than some of the football players, all the dancing had to have been hard work. I don't understand how they can sing and be so physical at the same time. I can't talk on the phone when I'm walking the dog or I'll get too winded!

Overall I thought it was very entertaining.

Tony
Were they actually singing live? I just assumed that everything was prerecorded. So much to go wrong doing it live.

Were they actually singing live? I just assumed that everything was prerecorded. So much to go wrong doing it live.
Good point, I just read an article that says that pretty much the majority of the Super Bowl acts that have 'action' performances use 'background' music to avoid 'technical' difficulties with auction equipment. The Red Hot Chili Peppers admitted their instruments weren't even plugged in during their performance. I suppose that trying to manage audio gear in such a dynamic environment isn't worth the risk.

What surprises you more, that J Lo. is worth $400 million, or that Shakira is worth $300 million?

Tony

I think it was prerecorded also, don't see how they could actually sing and not huff and puff the way they were jumping around. That being said, better show than in the last few years.

What surprises you more, that J Lo. is worth $400 million, or that Shakira is worth $300 million?
Neither. Both are *huge* stars, and have been for a *long* time. Shakira was a huge international star before she ever hit the US.

Her mic wasn't even powered up.
I thought there were times when I wasn't sure if she was singing, but there were some moments I could identify where it was definitely her. Not sure how they worked that.

Overall I enjoyed it, while simultaneously imagining that many viewers would find it.... problematic.

I have to say, those two are in extraordinary physical condition for their age, or any age for that matter (still, 43 and 50, amazing).

I enjoyed Shakira's performance very much. Jennifer from the Bronx gets a "meh" from me. Good on both girls for makin' big bank. :)

Nytrunner is right on, Katy and the Shark has yet to be surpassed !

I don't understand threads like this. The question is clearly "how would you rate it", not 'did you watch the show'. Yet about half the posts are by folks who did not watch it and therefore can't share their opinion on what they thought of it. But for some reason they feel compelled to let us know they did not watch it. They can't add anything to the discussion of the original question.

It happens all the time, folks ask for advice about a particular topic, and there will always be a few posts from folks who have no input other than to say they have no input. Is it to raise post count? Just out of boredom? What is the motivation to post just to say I have nothing to say?

Tony

I thought it was entertaining. Considering the ages of Ms Lopez & Shakira, they looked great. My style of music, no, but it’s about variety and trying to capture new audiences every year.

I think the show was predictable, and dare I say, it had an overall political message. I am not saying that the message was good or bad, just that there was a message that was politically relevant.

Shakira was on point, J-Lo not as much. Superbowl halftimes lean too much toward pop music versus rock for my taste, but I can understand why these two were chosen, being in Miami and all. Biggest surprise over the last few years was how much Lady Gaga killed it during her performance.

I don't understand threads like this. The question is clearly "how would you rate it", not 'did you watch the show'. Yet about half the posts are by folks who did not watch it and therefore can't share their opinion on what they thought of it. But for some reason they feel compelled to let us know they did not watch it. They can't add anything to the discussion of the original question.

It happens all the time, folks ask for advice about a particular topic, and there will always be a few posts from folks who have no input other than to say they have no input. Is it to raise post count? Just out of boredom? What is the motivation to post just to say I have nothing to say?

Tony
And yet WWIII hasn't started.

Back