How to set Open Rocket for apogee ejection?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
I've looked through all the menus, and I can't see how to set OR for apogee eject, as one would get with an altimeter. I *suppose* I could just jigger the delay tome in the motor selection to show the same as the ideal time, but isn't there a better way?

I've looked through all the menus, and I can't see how to set OR for apogee eject, as one would get with an altimeter. I *suppose* I could just jigger the delay tome in the motor selection to show the same as the ideal time, but isn't there a better way?
Isn't it a setting on the chute?

That's a 22.02 beta. Not much different, though, from 15.03:
1667773927028.png

Note that this is on a Mac, so the skin is quite different if you're used to Windows or Linux.

One other question: if the ejection is set to apogee, why is there velocity at ejection? Shouldn't the velocity be zero?

Be sure the WIND Standard deviation, & Turbulence are also ZERO. Then ensure you re-run simulation.
I tried with just wind = zero and still have velocity at deployment. Set the others to zero and velocity is now 0.6m/s (close enough to zero).

Add a plot axis for Total velocity to see non-verticle velocity.

I also sometimes set the X-axis to 'Position East of launch' to see the lateral distances that shows wind-cocking and chute drift.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back