How to read Aerotech date codes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill2654

Reaction score
I know how to read date codes for AT reloads but I'm stumped on these DMS loads. Anyone care to clue me in?
29mm.jpg38mm.jpg54mm.jpg

I seem to remember that the date codes are in YMDDMY format, eg. Oct. 20th 2015 for the third picture. However, I'm not sure about this, and I also have a hard time deciphering the first character in the first picture.

Reinhard

The DMS coding system is indeed different than the RMS. It's a little hazy at the moment, but I believe you read the DMS codes "outward-in". So something like:

1st digit plus 6th digit = year of manufacture
2nd digit plus 5th digit = month of manufacture
3rd digit plus 4th digit = day of manufacture

You can also refer to this (I have them on sale at the moment :wink:):

decoder-ring.jpg

I seem to remember that the date codes are in YMDDMY format, eg. Oct. 20th 2015 for the third picture. However, I'm not sure about this, and I also have a hard time deciphering the first character in the first picture.

Reinhard

I think Reinhard is right on. My decoder ring remains on sale, however :).

I've got plenty of the decoder rings in stock so if you ever change your mind you know where to look :).

View attachment 305476Do to recent issue at a launch with a group using G64 reloads trying to determine the cause, I have been searching for the answer. Anyone?

The format changed, and attempting to read it like the old codes doesn't yield any meaningful results.
Just a guess: They are from the 7th batch/lot made on March 31st 2016 (a weekday, at least)? When were the motors bought? If they were bought before that date, it's yet another good indication that you shouldn't listen to me. ;-)

Reinhard

Any guesses on the date for this single use? Not sure if that’s even a date code, doesn’t seem to follow the logic of anything in this thread.
IMG_1161.jpeg
IMG_1163.jpeg

Latest posts

Back