How to Install Adblock Plus

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyril's Scribe

Reaction score
As numerous users have reported trouble with ads, here is the installation guide to installing Adblock Plus for Mozilla Firefox, follow up posts will include the Adblock Plus Beta for Safari and Adblock Pro for Chrome.

This is the guide for Mozilla Firefox

Surf to this address: https://adblockplus.org

Your browser will be automatically re-directed to the suitable website, click on "Install for Firefox"

Step1-Edited.png

You will see a popup in the left hand corner of your screen, it should say "Firefox prevented this site (adblockplus.org) from asking you to install software on your computer, click "Allow"

Step2-Edited.png

A window should open that says "Install add-ons from authors whom you trust", click on the window and wait three seconds. This is to prevent spam programs from installing things for you. Then click "Install"

Step3-Edited.png

Step3andHalf-Edited.png

You should get a window that says "Adblock Plus has been installed successfully". You can now restart Mozilla Firefox and you should now not see any obtrusive ads. This also kills YouTube video advertisements as well, the installation process for Google Chrome and Apple Safari are very similar.

Step4-Edited.png

Last edited:
This is the guide for Google Chrome

Your browser will be automatically re-directed to the suitable website, click on "Install for Chrome"

Step 1.png

You will see a window open in the center of your screen, it should say "Add to Chrome" and underneath that it should read "Adblock Plus", click on "Add".

Step 2.png

You will now see a window that read "Adblock Plus has been added to Chrome". You can check the state of the extension by clicking on the ABP stop-sign icon.

Step 3.png

If Adblock Plus is working correctly, you should see a green check mark underneath the Adblock Plus icon, it should read "Enabled on this site"

Step 4.png

Adblock Plus should start working immediately and Google Chrome does not appear to need a restart.

Last edited:
This is the guide for Apple Safari

Your browser will be automatically re-directed to the suitable website, click on "Download The Beta"

SafariStep1.jpg

The file should download fairly quickly and appear when you click on your downloads button, the down arrow in the right-hand corner of the screen. Double click on the file you just downloaded, the file name should be something like "00latest-2.safariextz".

SafariStep2.jpg

A window should open that says "Are you sure you want to install the extension "Adblock Plus"", click the install button.

SafariStep3.jpg

You should be directed to a page in Safari that says "Adblock Plus has now been installed" and "Annoying Ads will now be blocked"

SafariStep4.jpg

Please be aware that Adblock Plus for Safari is in beta release at this time and it has a few limitations:

Known issues with the beta

• Pop-ups aren't blocked.
  • The number of ads blocked for the current page will sometimes not be reset when navigating to a new page (Safari 7.0 only).
  • Icon pop-up contents will sometimes not update when loading a page into a new tab (Safari 7.0 only).

Known issues caused by limitations in Safari

• Requests issued by third-party plugins like Flash aren’t blocked. Ads on YouTube are still blocked in most cases though.
  • XHR requests aren't blocked.

Last edited:
All three guides are up covering most major internet browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari. I will put up a guide for Internet Explorer once I can get to a compute that still has that program installed.

Thanks. It will be utilized. Very descriptive instructions.

Via Chrome >>> No ads whatsoever, TRF = Faster, CNN no ads just news, YouTube - oh wow - no ads on the videos or before the videos.

This is the web the way I want it !!!

Message to all advertisers - hey guess what, I still buy stuff. And now that I can get more done in less time (cause ad's are just a waste of time) I can actually buy more stuff :) It's a total win-win. :cheers:

I don't block ads unless they make noise.

Helps keep the internet mostly free.

Facebookers may want to check out FB Purity for similar control of how your timeline is displayed.

Can't believe how many of you hadn't been using some sort of fluff cutter on your browsers. The internetz work much faster without all the clutter.

I appreciate all the thanks, glad to help the community.

I'm amused by the IE-snub! :wink:

I generally use a Mac, so I don't have IE around much anymore, that and their market share has dropped pretty dramatically over the past few years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back