How to connect two launch rails

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

highflyer1968

Reaction score
Okay so I have two 6 ft 1010 rails and want to attach them together but this process seems a little harder then I thought. Does anyone have an idea how to join them? Two 6 ft rails are a little easier to transport then the 8 ft I have.

Neutron95

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Three of these brackets should do the trick. If they're a little pricey for your tastes, it should be pretty simple to replicate them by just drilling some holes in aluminum bar stock.

CalebJ

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened to Neutron's link above, but this is what I ordered with my 1010 rails to connect them.
3 of these:
And 6 of these:

To be clear - mine haven't come in yet so there's always a chance I made a mistake. But they're listed specifically for this purpose.

mbeels

Yes balsa
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Three of these brackets should do the trick. If they're a little pricey for your tastes, it should be pretty simple to replicate them by just drilling some holes in aluminum bar stock.
Fixed link:

Titan II

Reaction score
I use two sections of 1" angle aluminum along with 12 bolts and nuts (4 each side). They tie into three sides of the rail.

Neutron95

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened to Neutron's link above, but this is what I ordered with my 1010 rails to connect them.
3 of these:
And 6 of these:

To be clear - mine haven't come in yet so there's always a chance I made a mistake. But they're listed specifically for this purpose.
That looks to be exactly what I suggested at about half the price. I'll definitely give those a try.

CalebJ

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If you're not in a rush, give it a week and I'll probably have my order from them to give you some feedback. I needed a 1010 rail to do some launches on my own and got the connectors, L brackets, tnut hardware, plus 48 and 72" sections for $67 shipped.

highflyer1968

Reaction score
If you're not in a rush, give it a week and I'll probably have my order from them to give you some feedback. I needed a 1010 rail to do some launches on my own and got the connectors, L brackets, tnut hardware, plus 48 and 72" sections for $67 shipped.
Nope not in a hurry so I will wait and see what you think of them and maybe you could post a few pictures to if your really ambitious

Thanks everybody for your ideas

Latest posts