How to ask an OpenRocket support question (or any other support question for that matter)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know is anyone will read this but I can only hope. Please note this is not directed at anyone in particular; it's a result of seeing the same pattern repeat over and over here and elsewhere.

When asking for support with OpenRocket, or any other program for that matter, you need to provide useful details to enable anyone to help you. The more useful details you provide right up front, the more likely folks are to even try. Each additional request for information increases the chance that the prospective helper will give up and move on to other things.

Examples:
  • Screenshots are always helpful.
  • If you have an ORK file that is giving you surprising results, errors, or whatever, post the file. If the file is provided with the initial request, I will usually download it and try it out immediately. If I or someone else has to ask for it, I may or may not get back to it later.
  • If you have a problem running the program (i.e. it is crashing or misbehaving in some way), then provide all your system details, which would include OS (include version number), Java version, and maybe your graphics card and/or GPU if you're having visual issues.
  • Special situations might require special information. Include as necessary. If it turns out not to be relevant, that's OK.
Thank you for your, uh, "support".

Back