How to add extra BP to the AT 29/40-120 case?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmasterj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 54mm small HPR rocket that can sneak in as a class one rocket with a G. I've got the Loki G66 and Loki G80 that work. The AT G76 and G64 would also work, but I'm not confident that the hobbyline case can hold enough BP. I've used 1.2g in the 29mm HP cases and the CTI Pro29 loads, but the hobbyline case is pretty full with .7g. Can I extend the well vertically with tape? Something else?

Airframe dimensions would be helpful. Talking about the length of AF that would need to be pressurized.

Unless it’s a pretty long AF, Probly ok with the .7 .

I've done tape tubes many times to extend the charge wells on forward closures. Works just fine. Make sure you secure it well so you get good compression on the powder. Tape is free, when your rocket lawndarts, it is not.

I've done tape tubes many times to extend the charge wells on forward closures. Works just fine. Make sure you secure it well so you get good compression on the powder. Tape is free, when your rocket lawndarts, it is not.
I figured that would work, but I like to hear that others have done it. Lawn darts are downers.

A single Estes D motor will eject a payload section on top of a 34 inch 4 inch airframe. You have plenty of BP

What SteuB1 said. I do this routinely to add a bit more BP for piece of mind. Works every time.

Latest posts

Back