How often do you spend building/

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you planning to go see the new Simpsons movie?

• Yes! I'm a Simpsons fan and I'm definitely in!

• It looks funny, I'll probably check it out.

• I'll wait for the DVD/video

• Who are the Simpsons?

• No way. The Simpsons are dumb.

• The "Spider Pig" bit in the previews has me hooked on its own! I'm going!

• Yes! I'm a Simpsons fan and I'm definitely in!

• It looks funny, I'll probably check it out.

• I'll wait for the DVD/video

• Who are the Simpsons?

• No way. The Simpsons are dumb.

• The "Spider Pig" bit in the previews has me hooked on its own! I'm going!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well...

I usually only spend 1-2 hours a day on rockets, mainly because many of my projects use epoxy, which means that I can only spend about 15-20 minutes at a time...

Sometimes, though, I'll spend 3-4 hours straight working. I usually like to blame it on the shirt I'm wearing! :D

The shirts that really put me in "the mood" are my TRF shirt, my TDD shirt, "I love the smell of Black Powder in the Morning" shirt, and my "As a matter of fact, I am a rocket scientist" shirt. :)

Good poll, John!

Jason

Well I have just started back into this hobby but so far I have been spending 1 to 2 hours a day on some sort of rocket project.

Dan

If and when I get into the building mode... I'll spend 1 to 2 hours and maybe more... until the shivers and butterflies diminish...LOL

Really... Building is sorts cyclic... once or twice a year we'll get into the mood...

I probably only get to put 2 to 4 hours into a 'spurt' until someone realizes I am goofing off, and decides that I need to mow, or fetch groceries, or do something else that SHE wants done. Probably averages out to a couple hours a week.

If printing templates, scheme-ing, painting, sealing and sanding all count as building, I spend *at least* 1hr per day average. Some days, I spend zero. But then a couple of days later, I spend like 6 hrs.

Who voted for "more than 5 hrs / day?" :eek:

i'm tempted to say over 5 hrs a day...
it's hard to say though...i do some of this and some of that...sand a bit...paint...go do stuff while the paint dries...come back to the rockets...work a bit...more rockets...

i'm pretty much done building for awhile though. i think i got i tout of my system. now i have plenty of rockets to fly.

i do kind of want another Machbuster to replace my lost one...
:(

i think that will be the mainstay of my building over the next few months...rebuilding crashed rockets and replacing lost ones. maybe one or two experimental designs/contest entries/clusters

Originally posted by Elapid
i think that will be the mainstay of my building over the next few months...rebuilding crashed rockets and replacing lost ones. maybe one or two experimental designs/contest entries/clusters

Same here , I spend more than 5hours a day building. Seal 1 rocket , sand then prime it . Then while that drys go and prepare another. It's a very addictive cycle!
-Karl

4-5 hours daily...i seem to be a bit un organized and since ive only made two scratch builts so far im still learning alot as i go so i tend to spend way to much time on certain areas...but hey atleast it looks good when im done...so not completely wasted time, but since im on summer break now i spend..ALOT.. of my time build designing rocs.

I think yesterday i worked from about 11:30 till about 5:30.....and then from about 7 till about 11:30 or 12? yeah i've got waaaaaay to much free time. lol :D

And my rockets to "chose from to design libaray" is getting rather large..actaully i have about 60 in there. :p

and i wouldn't dare say im obsessed.

rockets rock \m/:cool: \m/

I voted 3-4 hours a day, but that's only temporary. It'll go down to about an hour a day or less, once I run out of stuff to do, or the doctor lets me return to work.

Back