How many things are wrong with this test firing? ;)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its in the Rules and Guidelines

The title Propulsion can be misleading

I looked at the rules. They say, "A more typical violation, such as posting a propellant formula in an inappropriate location, will result in the issuance of an infraction."

Posting a propellant formula in a propellant forum seems like an appropriate location. Doesn't that make sense? (It's not like there aren't a thousand other places on the web that do the same.) Just sayin'...

I looked at the rules. They say, "A more typical violation, such as posting a propellant formula in an inappropriate location, will result in the issuance of an infraction."

Posting a propellant formula in a propellant forum seems like an appropriate location. Doesn't that make sense? (It's not like there aren't a thousand other places on the web that do the same.) Just sayin'...

Currently, there is no "appropriate place" on TRF for formulas.

That may change, eventually. When it does, the place for it will be clearly identified. But it doesn't exist, today.

-Kevin

Mr J......
This forum is for all ages, young'uns & oldun's they have rules we may not all agree with, but that's to protect the young'uns with no sense from hurting themselves.

We just got to abide by the "rules" likey or not.

With that said here is a forum for adult rocketeers where anything goes as long as it is productive. There is some serious science and extreme projects going on here soooooooo.......

You want to play with the big boys go here:

https://tqc.yuku.com/forums/2

Anything goes, formulas, how to's etc.no banning.... BUT be forewarned, I know most of these guys and they don't play. Say or do something stupid, bait them or get hissey and you will NEVER hear the end of it. So have fun and mind your P's and Q's

Go through the archives there & find just about every formula ever made there.

A footnote.
please realize I am not scolding or telling you to leave here. It is hard to get a feel for the tone of written words sometimes and they can be construed the wrong way. I am just offering you some options where you may have some fun doing what you like & not infringing on any rules.

There are lots of interesting things going on here also so stick around and enjoy the camaraderie here too!

Last edited:
Ok, back to the topic...

Can sugar or 'research' motors be used at any Tripoli launch or only the designated 'research' launches?

Additionally, you must be level 2 if I understand correctly.

Can sugar or 'research' motors be used at any Tripoli launch or only the designated 'research' launches?

Additionally, you must be level 2 if I understand correctly.

Only commercial motors can be flown at a regular TRA launch. Non-commercial motors can be flown at a Research launch, provided the flier is L2 or above.

Regarding sugar motors, there are only three sugars that are allowed at Tripoli launches - dextrose, sorbitol, and erythritol. The others are allowed in your food, but not in your motors.

-Kevin

Back