• Fliskits

• Estes

• Quest

• Semroc

• Other?

Results are only viewable after voting.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
How many other forums do you belong to and what are they?

Don't forget to take the poll.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
Do you consider yahoo groups a forum? Maillists?

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Originally posted by rstaff3
Do you consider yahoo groups a forum? Maillists?
I would consider a forum anywhere where you go to exchange ideas a given subject, even if t's through a mail group. Not real picky, use your best judgement!:D

sandman

Reaction score
Well, I'm in Yahoo Micro Max , Old Rockets and Scale Rockets but I just kinda look at the posts. I don't do much there.

sandman

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
I am most active in TRF, the #1 rocketry forum in the known universe :D, however:

I use the following Yahoo groups. I didn't include any that are 'send only' or that I only occasionally scan:

microhybrids (moderator), micromaxrockets (moderator), nightlaunch (moderator), narhams-members

I post occasionally on rmr and ROL.

I have chatted on EMRR.

I am on the TRA and aRocket lists, but probably shouldn't count them since I haven't posted.

I guess that pushes me over 6 :)

rbeckey

Reaction score
There is a forum about Honda vans I occasionally looka t when I have an Issue, but I have only posted there three or four times in two years, and only go there when I have a problem or question, which is about twice a year.

astronboy

Reaction score
I am most active in TRF, but I also follow and post to Yahoo Oldrockets.

cydermaster

Reaction score
Like others, I'm most active in TRF, but I also keep a close eye on Art Applewhite's Yahoo MicroHybrids group, in the hope that somebody finds a reliable, and legal, way of igniting them in the UK, without an explosives licence.

I also try to keep an eye on uk.tech.rocketry, but I haven't got round to re-installing my newsreader, after my computer had a serious 'moment' (bad sector, on the hard drive, right in the middle of my windows\system directory - ouch! :eek: ), so I'm not up to date with that.

Oh .... and my family has a Yahoo group to share photos/news/etc with each other - but I don't count that.

cls

Reaction score
what is a "forum"? you gotta be kidding, put me down for 6+!! one of the great things about the internet is there is a place for your interest, no matter how narrow ...

OK, for rocketry we have TRF, ROL, RMR, and an email group for each club we're in (4).

for the new car there is a forum using the same software as TRF, a usenet group, and a couple email groups.

for the kids' school there are 3 email groups (each class, whole school) but as you know yahoo groups include other features like calendar, photos, etc. the other youth groups we're in also have their own yahoo email + web stuff.

for sailing, I am on at least a half dozen email lists and run a couple. most of these have web sites too.

professional organizations, at least 3 off the top of my head, probably more though.

hmmm. that's all that comes to mind right now... we don't have any extended-family-email-websites like other families I know...

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
I restricted my answer to rockets only and groups that I more or less regularly interact with. If you count those that I lurk on, the number would go WAY up :)

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
Originally posted by powderburner
You mean, there are other forums out there?
Huh!
This is just what I was thinking......... Can someone name or list the other forums.......

astronboy

Reaction score
Lurking, that is a totaly different story. Oh Man, I lurk about 17 forums, most are not rocketry .... but only post on TRF and Oldrockets

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Lets see, this is the most active forum I belong to.

I have belong to forums related to class work, and I was an active writer in the Final Fantasty VII forum on www.eidosinteractive.com... but I have not used it for so long that they booted me off. Also, I was an active member of Bleem's forum, but that company went bankrupt when Sega bailed out of the Dreamcast business... so the forum nolonger exists.

Bummer.

Now I hang my hat in TRF. :D

loopy

Reaction score
I occassionally post on ROL, the local rocketry club I belong to has a Yahoo group, and I also belong to GrandAmOwnersClub.com.

Loopy

Mike

Reaction score
This place obviously, occasionally I post to UTR (Dan you can view it through Google Groups) also there's the Yahoo MicroMaxx group and the SERFS SmartGroup.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
Originally posted by sandman
Well, I'm in Yahoo Micro Max , Old Rockets and Scale Rockets but I just kinda look at the posts. I don't do much there.

sandman
Where do I find these? Yahoo?

cydermaster

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mike
UTR (Dan you can view it through Google Groups)
Ta Mike. I managed to re-install my newsreader today, so I'm (almost) back ontop with UTR. I find Google's Groups function well handy, I often sugest it to people, when they ask me how to access newsgroups (I've got a Comp Studies Degree, so everybody comes to me with their computer problems - not such a bad thing, I'm always getting pints brought for me etc. for helping people :cool: ).

arthur dent

Reaction score
Its just TRF for me,i used to be in a gameing forum but it closed down.

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
I'm in here, and the Medal Of Honor Map forum

John, what games doyou play???

Phil

Stones

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mike
...UTR ...you can view it through Google Groups...
Hmmm...I've tried finding this UTR and can't seem to come up with it. Tried doing a search on Yahoo Groups and ... nada. Is there more to the title than UTR?

cydermaster

Reaction score
Its the abriviation for the newsgroup uk.tech.rocketry - the newsgroup for UK based rocketeers. Nowhere near as comprehensive as this place, and nowhere near as hostile as RMR. Its mostly about HPR stuff, but its worth checking out for events & where to get stuff this side of the pond.

Typically for us Brits, the threads wander off topic all the time, but they can be very entertaining, so I tend to 'lurk' there from time to time. Look out for posts by PJAchamist - he has a very 'unique' way of spelling ;)

Johnnie

Reaction score
seems I'm the only one doing six here:

Rocketryforum.com
rocketryonline.com
rocketry.org

in a listserve format here are the other three:

SUGPRO
Arocket
TRA (tripoli member forum)
WAMEX (IEAS forum)

...just can't get enough

Johnnie Paul

MattEx

Reaction score
I'm in 4 forums -

TRF !!! :D
ROL (Only the AM/EX forum :) )
ARocket
and last but certainly not least... SugPro

Johnnie

Reaction score
Aerobee,

This place is less than 4 miles from my house:

https://www.thefierofactory.com/

4.9 out of a front wheel drive Caddy Fiero conversions :eek:

I have heard of chevy small blocks as well...

If interested, there is a black Fiero not far from me that has been for sale for some time with a $900 window sticker...I would imagine it has the older 2.5 4 banger in it. Body looks nice though.

sorry, way O/T :rolleyes: :cool:

Aerobee300

Reaction score
Ed and Rosey at the Fiero Factory are truly GREAT folks ... I have met them on several occations at Fiero "National" level events ... I'm actually about to be in head to head competition with them as far as Fiero engine conversions go .... my garage will specialize in Fiero power-train conversions and rebodies.

It does not surprise me that some of you are "rocket guys" are also "car guys" ... performance = performance .... we all just want to look good and go fast !!!!!