How many of you are...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which composites do you preferably use in HPR

• Fiberglass

• Kevlar

• Carbon Fiber

• None

• Fiberglass

• Kevlar

• Carbon Fiber

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

edwardw

Reaction score
I just wanted to see the demographic of TRF people that are married, single, engaged and other..I have to include all possibilities. (Statistics class I'm taking says it's better)

I voted married, but what is "other"? married, but want to be single:D or is it divorced?

I just put in there so I could count all possible things...my Stats class says that if you don't account for all possibilities then the sample isn't as good.

It can be what you want it to be. Maybe our dating someone? That's other....

"Other" could mean a same-sex life-partner who hasn't made the trip to SF yet.

Or it could just mean you're widowed/widowered but don't really consider yourself "single."

WW

"other" could also mean your are 13 years old....;) :eek: :rolleyes: ;):p

LOL.... If you were a widower, you wouldent be voting, now would you!?;) :eek:

Unless your will said to bury you with a laptop with TRF acces...;)

Originally posted by Neil
"other" could also mean your are 13 years old....;) :eek: :rolleyes: ;):p

it could but it would have nothing to do with the poll

other works though for some things

Other could be separated. That is a legal status.

Um, Neil... just to let you know:

widow = woman who's husband has died.
widower = man who's wife has died.

So, technically a widower can vote.

haha good point Phil

if you were the person doing the widowing then you couldnt vote, I think thats what Neil meant

Also, other could mean you have a girlfriend/boyfriend

Originally posted by Ryan S.
if you were the person doing the widowing then you couldnt vote, I think thats what Neil meant

LOL!!!! Actually, I could be wrong but, a person doing the widowing means he is making a widow which makes him a murderer.

HEHEHEHE, and just to be completely anal about this (from www.m-w.com:

wid·ow
Pronunciation: 'wi-(")dO
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English widewe, from Old English wuduwe; akin to Old High German wituwa widow, Latin vidua, Sanskrit vidhavA, Latin -videre to separate
1 a : a woman who has lost her husband by death and usually has not remarried b : GRASS WIDOW 2 c : a woman whose husband leaves her alone frequently or for long periods to engage in a usually specified activity <a golf widow>
2 : an extra hand or part of a hand of cards dealt face down and usually placed at the disposal of the highest bidder
3 : a single usually short last line (as of a paragraph) separated from its related text and appearing at the top of a printed page or column

wid·ow·er
Pronunciation: 'wi-d&-w&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English widewer, alteration of wedow widow, widower, from Old English wuduwa widower; akin to Old English wuduwe widow
: a man who has lost his wife by death and usually has not remarried

So, some of us are being widow makers by making our wives rocketry widows. So, does that make us a person making a widow? :D

I thought widower meant that you had made your wife a widow... my mistake:rolleyes:

I meant "too young to be anything BUT other". I certainly aint married, and I cant really be considerd single, and I am DEFINETLY not engaged. And, can you even GET married at age 13?

I read something in GUiness book o world records about the youngest married couple... I think the "groom" was a few months old, and the "bride" was 3 or 4 months or something. Very strange..... :eek: :eek: The parents must be even stranger.... But I dont think it is legal to be married at this age.... not complaining, either!

I thought widower meant that you had made your wife a widow... my mistake:rolleyes:
The only way to make your own wife a widow is to commit suicide. I don't think they'd need a special name for someone who is already dead!
I meant "too young to be anything BUT other". I certainly aint married, and I cant really be considerd single, and I am DEFINETLY not engaged. And, can you even GET married at age 13?
I think you can legally marry at age 14 with a parent's consent. That may vary from state to state. I'm not sure where I heard this but for some reason West Virginia comes to mind.

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
I voted married, but what is "other"? married, but want to be single:D or is it divorced?
i've been with my better half for 16 years but we've never felt the need to get married.I supose that puts me in the other catergory:)

14..... Thats crazy. Getting married right after high school isnt the best option if you ask me, but getting married when you are IN highschool.... Thats mad.:eek:

Not exactly true.... If you got murderd of crashed an airplane or something, you would still be widowing your wife.... This is an interesting conversation....:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :p

Arthur

That reminds me that I dated a girl in HS whos parents had been together for 27 years - not married. Here in Colorado they were considered common law married. If you don't mind me asking - do you guys wear rings? (My friends parents did)

Edward

Neil

I know once couple that got married at 16 - couldn't even drive to their own wedding. They are in their 40's now and the kids are through college already :)

My Boss got married at 18 and his wife was 16 - had three kids before he was 25. Sadly he had two of them pass away within two years.. He is 40 now...

Edward

okay maybe widowee? Maybe my spelling is wrong but I think that is the right idea. actually, I have only confused myself. O well, it makes sense in my head

I know what you mean by "it makes sense in my head". Thats pretty much the ONLY place where ANY of my ideas make sense....:rolleyes: ;)

To each his own, I guess..... Im still not getting married untill I am thru college or whatever:rolleyes:

Imagine what it would be like to be in high school, and have your WIFE in your class or something... That would be too strange....:eek: :confused: :confused: and if you were on opposite teams in Gym class or something.... LOL..... Especially if it were dodgeball LOL....:eek: :kill:

Back