How many copies?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which One Should I Get?

• Dr. Zooch Jupiter C

• Dr. Zooch Mark II

• Dr. Zooch Saturn 1B

• Dr. Zooch Titan IIIC

• Dr. Zooch Jupiter C

• Dr. Zooch Mark II

• Dr. Zooch Saturn 1B

• Dr. Zooch Titan IIIC

Results are only viewable after voting.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
A comment Jerry made in another thread about building several (many/lots/more than one?) Centuri Saturns, I though of this way to waste everyone's time.

So, what's the most copies of a given rocket have you built? Kit or scratch. Major bashes of a kit don't count. Fixes/renovations don't either.

I thinks the answer for me is '3' - an Art Applewhite 29mm saucer.

Do they have to be the same size? I built 6 Goblins. One of each BT-5, BT-20, BT-50, BT-55, BT-60 and a second BT-55 size when I lost the first.

I lost the second BT-55 one so I am going to have to make a third one of that size.

I am also in the process of making a BT-70 size and I have the nose cone for a BT-80 size.

I guess I just like Goblins :D :D

I had intended the question to be the same size rocket, but what they hey. This may be rocket science, but it ain't statistics :)

It took me 3 times to build a FlisKits Midnight Express that would survive and/or be recovered from more than one flight.

I built a pair of Fat Boys but got frustrated with them turning horizontal when flown on C6s...

I've built 3 or 4 of the free Art Applewhite 13mm Qubits too.

And I almost forgot that I built nearly a dozen CD spool rockets in different tube lengths/disc placements & quantities/motor tube diameters!

I count 7 Siccsor Wing Transports,;
One original back in the mid 1970's
1st clone eaten by the rocket eating softball field lights,
2nd clone STOLEN! (upon landing)
3rd clone - still have but the pop-pod thremaled away.
2 upscales
1 downscale

I've built 3 identical wire spool rockets that fly on D11s

Built by me, for me:

15 Corona's
12 Deuce's
8 Richter Reckers

lost count on Midnight Expresses and Caution rockets, not to mention those little saucers from the Triple Threat LOL

Yeah, but a vendor building their own kits shouldn't count :)

Motoreater (5.5" diameter, 54 & 8 29mm mounts) - 5. First one built in 1990. The first 3 were motor ejection and were lost, the last 2 were dual deploy, #4 is still flying.

Gnome - 36. Most lost and shredded on C20's and D40's.

hmmm, for Saturn Vs we've built the Neubauer 1/396, the Estes 1/100, and the Skunkworks 1/36. I have an Apogee 1/70 in the box and we've built 3 or 4 (non flying) plastic models.

not many repeats otherwise, maybe a half dozen rockets we've built 2 of.

Originally posted by jflis
Built by me, for me:

15 Corona's
12 Deuce's
8 Richter Reckers

lost count on Midnight Expresses and Caution rockets, not to mention those little saucers from the Triple Threat LOL

....Sheesh...ya think he owned the company or something.

What?....He err does? Oh. DOH!:D

Black Shadows-4
Star Hauler-2
Duster-2
Steppin Up (Never made the cut) 5

Initiators.

I've built a bunch of them over the years going back to 1987 when the Enertek prototype kits were being designed/built.

I have a box full of development/pre-production Initiators.

Plus Initiators I've built for trade shows and NARAM demos.

I've even built a few for myself to fly. :D

Originally posted by rstaff3
Yeah, but a vendor building their own kits shouldn't count :)

Well, if I only consider what I built *before* FlisKits, the list would be:

13 Corona's
10 Deuce's
7 Richter Reckers

so there!
:)

Yada yada yada, you're still disqualified. :)

Rocketjunkie wins for his Gnome's (36). Now I get the image of a Gnome hunt in the area around Orangeburg. Get a bunch of kids and set them loose. Say some rabbit hid them :)

I've built over a dozen Midnight Expresses and a few Caution's.
But other than that, I've only built 2 of any other kit.

Tim

Yada yada yada, you're still disqualified. :)

Rocketjunkie wins for his Gnome's (36). Now I get the image of a Gnome hunt in the area around Orangeburg. Get a bunch of kids and set them loose. Say some rabbit hid them :)

well I NEVER!

:mad:

well... *occasionally* anyway... LOL :D

I actually found it interesting you built so many copies before FlisKits. To have built that many you must have flown the %^%# out of them! :)

2 Ion Pulsar...first one is in orbit (2 small field+C67=-1 IonPulsar)
3 Razors... first 2 are gone daddy gone
4 Midnight Express previous to 11/04 and 4 ME after 11/04
2 Caution RLIP previous to 11/04 and 4 CRLIP after 11/04
For Thanksgiving at my bro's house I had 4 kids (aged 5-13) and 3 adults out with me and had built 4 Midnight Express and 4 Cautions over the course of two weeks in assembly line mode. In a breezy but clear weather window on an otherwise stormy Thanksgiving day before the big dinner all these smiling kids and adults each launched a rocket and everyone took one home...thanks Jim. And we were in the birthtown of Buzz Aldrin!

Andy

I actually found it interesting you built so many copies before FlisKits. To have built that many you must have flown the %^%# out of them! :)

it was a mix of just replacing a rocket that I loved (like the Deuce) and in some cases it was to improve on the design. ON the other side of the coin, I am still flying my original prototype Praetor and the only design change made to the kit version was the use of a balsa nose cone :) (heck, I'm still flying my original Space Man and Mars Lander! LOL)

Hmmmm

23 Stock Alphas
And I still have one thats 30 years old and still flies, though only on 1/2A's these days:)

6 Estes Scramblers (Yes the 3 engine cluster type)
4 Extra Estes Scrambler Payload Sections, You can guess why yourself.

3 Big Daddys (4 If you include the 3X24mm mount)
2 Estes V2's

Originally posted by UncMikesRktShk
Hmmmm

23 Stock Alphas
And I still have one thats 30 years old and still flies, though only on 1/2A's these days:)

6 Estes Scramblers (Yes the 3 engine cluster type)
4 Extra Estes Scrambler Payload Sections, You can guess why yourself.

3 Big Daddys (4 If you include the 3X24mm mount)
2 Estes V2's

And a Outlander in a pear treeeeeee...

I've built three Big Daddies. Two stock, one 29mm and fiberglassed. I wanna build another one...maybe a cluster.

Jason

2 Hydras; 13mm and 18mm
5 big berthas; Super, normal, baby, mini, and small
7 Goblins; bt-5, bt-20, bt-50, bt-55, bt-60, bt-80, 3"
4 Mosquitos; nano, micro, normal, BT-80 upscale
5 TriAgain; micro, mini, small, normal, Mega
2 Fat Boys - modified for clusters
3 Big Daddys - two are still in bags, tho
4 Sandhawks - 20%, bt-5, and bt-50, estes model in a bag on the shelf

i think that's all my multiples
:D

oops! i knew i'd forget one