How long is the body tube on these classic rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello,
How long are the body tubes on the Goblin and the Cherokee D?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Actually the Cherokee D BT length changed at some point. Originally it was 16.35", later it was changed to 18".

See this thread: cherokee d

The Cherokee-D that I have is the balsa nose cone version and the body tube is 16.35".

I got it when it was first introduced.

Originally posted by BobH48
The Cherokee-D that I have is the balsa nose cone version and the body tube is 16.35".

I got it when it was first introduced.

Yeah, the later plastic nose cone version is 18". I believe both sets of plans are on Jimz's site.

Scott

Hello,
Thanks everyone for all your help. That information really helps me out.

Best Regards,
Brian

Gee, two years ago when I joined this forum there were 200 members and I was the only one that knew the answer to that question...

You don't need me anymore...sniff:(

sandman

Originally posted by sandman

Gee, two years ago when I joined this forum there were 200 members and I was the only one that knew the answer to that question...

You don't need me anymore...sniff

But I still bet there are questions that only you have the answer to.

Sandman...WE NEED YOU!! If not to answer questions, then to turn our custom nose cones....Oh yes you're still needed.:D :D :D

Was there two different fin sizes for the Cherokee-D also?

The fin pattern from the plans on Jim Z's site have a root chord of 3.75" and the fin is in one piece.

Both the balsa and the plastic nose cone plans show one piece fins.

The fins on my Cherokee-D are two pieces glued together and the root chord is only 3.625.

I bought mine as soon as it was available so later versions of the balsa nose cone version may have had different fins.

I'm curious because I'm thinking of building a BT-50 size version (I already have a BNC50AC nose cone and was looking for something to use it on).

Back