How large is your motor stash?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many motors?

• >= 1000

• I don't want to know.

Results are only viewable after voting.
:y:

I have historical motors from single types like a SEMROC A, Rocket Supply A, and an AAA C. Multiples of MRI, MPC, AVI, Estes and Centuri (of course), FSI, a couple of Mini-Max, a couple Enerjets, a couple Coasters, some early Aerotech, Vulcan, Composite Dynamics (uuummmm, E20 and F40), NCR motorss including a few prototypes, a beautiful Prodyne E motor, Apogee 10.5mm including some that were sold to me before they were canceled, foreign motors from a decade ago, Canaroc motors, and a few odds and ends.

Chas

Photos, photos, photos....please

I try not to count motors (or kits, or guitars, or ...):eek:
But you can see a portion at https://www.dalesrocketrypages.info

Dale Windsor

Should I include in my count motors which are no longer certified. :confused: ;)
Wow. You got motors there that I never thought saw the light of day. Any idea how many FSI G60's, NCR G50's, and the NCR/Estes G70's were actually made? Did you fly any of them? What were the G60's and G50's like?

Wow. You got motors there that I never thought saw the light of day. Any idea how many FSI G60's, NCR G50's, and the NCR/Estes G70's were actually made? Did you fly any of them? What were the G60's and G50's like?

The FSI G60s were not widely available as I think there were created for movie/special effects companies. The motor was listed in a FSI catalog from 1989-1991 (Don't remember which year). I called and spoke with Harold Reese when I saw the 'G' motor listed in the FSI catalog but he would not sell them to me. I managed to pick up the FSI G60 motor from another collector many years ago.

I understand that NCR made only one or two production runs of the G50 motors before they were bought/assimilated (;)) by Estes. I have to check with my NCR 'source' and see if I can get any sort of production number.

I do not know how many of the NCR/Estes G70 motors were produced. As far as I know, they never went into full production.

I have never flown any of these motors.

Any chance I can get a nozzle and forward end picture of the said motors? I remember seeing the G60 in the FSI catalog, and I remember when the G50 was announced in the NAR magazine, shortly followed by the NCR G70's. I was disappointed when they never came out :(

Any chance I can get a nozzle and forward end picture of the said motors? I remember seeing the G60 in the FSI catalog, and I remember when the G50 was announced in the NAR magazine, shortly followed by the NCR G70's. I was disappointed when they never came out :(

Here are pictures of the nozzle and forward end of the FSI G60 motor.

FSI Thunderbolt G60 Nozzle.jpg

FSI Thunderbolt G60 Ejection Cap.jpg

Back