How do you store your rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to store mine in trees around the launch site. No one can get to them that way.

I like to store mine in trees around the launch site. No one can get to them that way.
I have done plenty of that too, in the postage stamp-sized clearing in the forest that I call my launch site. No one can get at mine either, except the finches and woodpeckers... :rolleyes:

MarkII

My Hobby room is a mess, so sorry for the picture quality, and I did not show any of the unbuilt kits. The Trees sound easier than cleaning the room though.:rolleyes:

P3050549.jpg

P3050550.jpg

P3050551.jpg

P3050552.jpg

P3050553.jpg

My Hobby room is a mess, so sorry for the picture quality, and I did not show any of the unbuilt kits. The Trees sound easier than cleaning the room though.:rolleyes:
Wow, a veritable history of model rocketry there. The man obviously likes his Saturns, his Vipers, his Crayons, and uhh, oh yeah, his Bomarcs too.

(And his Blackbirds. And his R2's...) :D

Nice collection of scale rockets in that second pic - the Crayon fits right in with that group! :D

Is that an original Cloudhopper up on the shelf in the first pic? Coool! :cool:

At least your rockets are painted, unlike mine. And your room is actually a bit tidier than mine!

MarkII

Last edited:
Mark, Yes it is an original Cloud Hopper, built when I was a teen, over 35 yrs ago. At the time it was the only design of the Goonies I thought look neet, however now seeing all the new Ideas, and the original drawings for the original Goonies, I have gotten the bug again. I am fortunate enough to have my Original MRI Wac Corporal, way back in the back of that cabinet. Here is a picture of it up front, the red white and black one. My son got me started with the crayons, to the point I did my Level 1, and 2 on crayons.

I have most of my rockets documented here.
https://members.cox.net/shortckt4/main.htm

Private Rocket Garden.
Oh, man! After seeing the first picture, my first thought was that when you opened the doors, there would be an old black-and-white TV inside! :D (You need to be above a certain age to get that reference... ;) )

The cabinet is a nice idea, though.

MarkII

Back