How do you put pictures in text of message??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke strawwalker

Reaction score
How do you put your pictures in the middle of your text on posts?? I've noticed that a lot of folks put the pictures in the middle of their posts as they make their post, especially on build threads. I'm downloading the pics from my hard drive using the 'manage attachments' feature but I can't figure out how to put them in the middle of the post instead of in a bar across the bottom when the post is submitted.

Also, I notice some folks putting the picture into the text 'full size' without it being a 'thumbnail link to the pic download' or whatever. How do you do that?? Size limits??

Can anybody explain to me how to do this?? Thanks! OL JR :)

Jr,

To insert images in line: After you upload your images, close the attachments window. Then go to the part in the text where you want the picture, click on the paper clip icon and the images you uploaded will be listed. Click on the one you want, and it will place it at the cursor.

For full size pictures, you have to have a place to host the picture, (like your own web site or a hosting site like photo bucket). After the image is somewhere on the internet, you click on the "picture" icon and put the web address of the image in the pop up window.

Thanks... I appreciate it... have to try it out on my next posts on the Zooch Shuttle build thread... :)

I wondered if the full size pics were the ones 'on the web' already at one of the photo sites... we use snapfish, well, the wife does, and I'm not sure I know how to do that yet... :)

Later! OL JR :)

Just remember that as nice as the full-size pictures can be, they do cause problems for folks with slow internet connections. I have the slow version of high-speed cable connection from Time Warner and some of the picture heavy threads can take a while to pull up. They would almost certainly freeze a dial-up connection.

Just remember that as nice as the full-size pictures can be, they do cause problems for folks with slow internet connections. I have the slow version of high-speed cable connection from Time Warner and some of the picture heavy threads can take a while to pull up. They would almost certainly freeze a dial-up connection.

I feel yer pain there Pear... I used to be on dialup myself, and at the MIL's in Indiana on her Amish Internet (my own 'jab' at their pitiful local phone service dialup that made my old dialup look GOOD) it's virtually impossible to read some of this stuff without just turning off the pictures or hitting 'stop' to make it quit trying to load the pictures. We've just got high speed over the phone line here from our local phone company, not much more expensive than the regular dial up but it works great! It takes at most 30 seconds to load any of those photos, and that's letting the site itself resize the pics from the 1-2 Mb pic filesize. Actually I just resave the photos displayed on my posts here if I need to crosspost them elsewhere, and don't have to bother resizing them again.

To me though, the real joy in these forums is actually being able to SEE what other folks are doing, what they're talking about, and what their stuff looks like.

It's amazing how far we've come technology wise... I remember jumping through hoops to find someone who could scan a portrait of mine in and store it on a diskette so I could upload it to my profile when I was 'internet dating' and that's only been 10 years ago... webcams were an exotic luxury back then, as were pics in anything but professionally done webpages.

Of course, with the added graphics and popups and other stuff being tagged onto websites now, having dialup nowdays is like taking Grandpa's model "T" to the Indy 500 and hoping to qualify...

Still we do the best we can with what we have! Later! OL JR :)

Latest posts

Back