How do I delete (an) album(s)?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

markfsanderson

New Guy and Wannabee
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have two Albums where DX-3 is in their title. I no longer have this rocket, as its been consigned to angry the angry sky gods. I'd like to delete them. How to?

Mark

neil_w

Hunkered down
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
You can’t. Just mark them “private” and no one else will see them.

You can also rename them so you won’t accidentally look at them yourself, eg: “trash”.

markfsanderson

New Guy and Wannabee
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
You can’t. Just mark them “private” and no one else will see them.

You can also rename them so you won’t accidentally look at them yourself, eg: “trash”.
Neil,
Thanks, but in my case it won't do any good as I've run up against the 50 megabyte media barrier. Surprising as I'm a TRF supporter as well. Perhaps a better question would be "How do I get around the 50meg limit on my media uploads" ?

mark

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
Neil,
Thanks, but in my case it won't do any good as I've run up against the 50 megabyte media barrier. Surprising as I'm a TRF supporter as well. Perhaps a better question would be "How do I get around the 50meg limit on my media uploads" ?

mark
Asked one of the admins to take a look.

neil_w

Hunkered down
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why an album is needed.. How many other people look at them?
Not many! But a few. I find it useful for organization of some of my pics that I want to have available. For single-use pics though I just paste right into the edit window.

Last edited:

markfsanderson

New Guy and Wannabee
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Albums are merely the organization tool. But the real 'data' that I want to remove is the picture data itself. I have an assigned 50mb media limit no matter if its through Albums or otherwise - AFAIK. Any attempt to exceed that limit will cause image uploads to fail. If there is a limit, and an upload operation can cause failure, logically there should be a method to prevent the failure. Deleting images/albums would be the most logical first choice.

Mark

neil_w

Hunkered down
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that 50 MB limit sounds wrong.

I've been moving unwanted photos into a private "trash" album just to get them out of the way, but that doesn't solve anything if you're running into that limit. Hopefully the admins can get that cleared up for you.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Albums are merely the organization tool. But the real 'data' that I want to remove is the picture data itself. I have an assigned 50mb media limit no matter if its through Albums or otherwise - AFAIK. Any attempt to exceed that limit will cause image uploads to fail. If there is a limit, and an upload operation can cause failure, logically there should be a method to prevent the failure. Deleting images/albums would be the most logical first choice.

Mark
Why don't I just change the limits? And you keep posting images?
I have two Albums where DX-3 is in their title. I no longer have this rocket, as its been consigned to angry the angry sky gods. I'd like to delete them. How to?

Mark
Deleted. You should have notification. And members have about 2 months to edit an image, after than an admin needs to do it for you.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Yeah, that 50 MB limit sounds wrong.

I've been moving unwanted photos into a private "trash" album just to get them out of the way, but that doesn't solve anything if you're running into that limit. Hopefully the admins can get that cleared up for you.
If the 50 is not enough I've just doubled it to 100MB limit. Let me know if you hit that and need more.

neil_w

Hunkered down
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just looked and I'm using 7 MB so far... so I guess that 50 MB limit is not an issue for me at this point. :)

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Sounds as if you have a lot of room to fill. :D

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Is there a way to share an image in our album in a post?

is there a way to post an image form an album into a post..

markfsanderson

New Guy and Wannabee
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a way to share an image in our album in a post?

is there a way to post an image form an album into a post..
The icon at the top of the editor: "Media Gallery Embed" That will show the last 'n' number of pictures you recently added to an album. From there, you can also select the 'Upload File' button as well. I 've just embedded a picture of my son by selecting that picture.

Mark

neil_w

Hunkered down
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately the gallery embeds don't always work in the mobile app. The one you just posted, for instance, does not show up.

Also, gallery embeds are a bit ugly compared to just pasting a picture in (all that extra UI chrome around it, not needed in many cases).

markfsanderson

New Guy and Wannabee
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately the gallery embeds don't always work in the mobile app. The one you just posted, for instance, does not show up.

Also, gallery embeds are a bit ugly compared to just pasting a picture in (all that extra UI chrome around it, not needed in many cases).
Neil, from my iPhone I am able to post images. They reasonably good. The only issues that I run into is exceeding data limits, image counts and etc.
Mark

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Hint for folks filling their albums: shrink the images to less than 1000x1000.

Latest posts