How did I keep missing these glaring errors!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
This stained glass project has been on my bench for over a year. The finished panel will be roughly 24 x 36 and will be the upper part of a door. Anyway, I hurt my back last May and after 11 months and I finally felt good enough to get back to it these last few weeks. I mainly had to do the wolf and some pieces around it. I finished cutting and grinding the last 4 pieces today (the eye, nose, mouth and muzzle). I took a few photos for a friend and all of a sudden the errors in the sky and mountains which have been there for a year started screaming at me.

Here it is without any light behind it. It still has tape and dry marker notes on many of the pieces. None of it has been soldered together.

Standard small.jpg

Here it is with a 20x20 LED flat panel ceiling light behind it (2 photos cropped together so all of it is lit up). I picked what I thought would be dark glass for water and somewhat dark for the sky... apparently not. It could be the temperature of the light from the flat panel. It is what it is at this point.

With Light small.jpg

I'll post a photo with three errors in my next post. See if you can spot one or more of the errors I overlooked for a year!

The moon perspective thing is a pretty common error. I have a small panel that has a star inside the crescent moon!

Beautiful work anyway. I'm sure you'll either fix it or learn to live with it. "Perfection is an affront to the gods."

As weird as it is, sometimes I like my blatant failure projects. Its almost an inside joke with myself.

Sorry if you're bummed about the errors, but pumped if you can enjoy them for yourself. We all seem to take ourselves too seriously. . . hope you can enjoy the randomness of life.

Very cool work. I'm sure I couldn't do it.

Sandy.

Clouds can wrap around the tops of mountains, or blend into the mountain (if it's snow covered).

Mount-Hood.jpg

However with lenticular clouds they typically cover the entire top... or are above it...

1652187846497.png

Last edited:
Personally if it were my project since it is not yet soldered is remove the brown piece and place another blue for the mountain. The rest I would leave as is.

I've seen photo's of lakes in China that are red like that from pollutants. Maybe it's a wolf in China? I know they have bats there, not sure about wolves. :dontknow:

All joking aside... that's an awesome piece of art. Well done.

I've looked at it four or five times.

I don't see the problem.

Seriously, while something may not be exactly the way that your imagination thought it would turn out, it's an awesome piece of work.

Nice piece!

the errors are apparent to you, as you are the one looking at it in detail. But I get it.. if you leave them, they well always haunt you.. No one else would understand!

When i do my stained glass, I tend to work on a white background, so you get a better idea of what the colours are. (I also work on a sheet of gyprock, easier to pin into!) Plus, we have a light box at the studio. That is a big bonus! (and easy to make!)

I cut new glass to fix the problems on the left. I am leaving the cloud/moon as it is since it is not as glaring to me as the other two. It's also a good reminder to pay attention in the design phase.

.....I see nothing but gorgeous work. The clouds wrapping in front and behind the mountain look absolutely normal to me. I honestly don't understand....

Back