How can I purchase an Aerotech nozzle and o-rings?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackC

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can purchase the nozzle and o-ring kit for an Aerotech 3 inch motor? I have the grains but the nozzle kit is missing. Thanks!

Make sure you grab the right one as there's a standard nozzle for the 75mm and a medusa one.

Does anyone know how I can purchase the nozzle and o-ring kit for an Aerotech 3 inch motor? I have the grains but the nozzle kit is missing. Thanks!
What motor? Did you buy the reload and failed to get the nozzle, liner, etc? I'd first contact Aerotech and see if they would replace the nozzle, etc. The nozzles from rocketmotorparts only come in one size, you have to drill to the correct size for the motor you have. Medusa nozzles are cheaper but I don't know if they will be discontinued when the current stock runs out. I have a list of most of the older motors and the nozzle sizes, mostly Medusa.

What motor? Did you buy the reload and failed to get the nozzle, liner, etc? I'd first contact Aerotech and see if they would replace the nozzle, etc. The nozzles from rocketmotorparts only come in one size, you have to drill to the correct size for the motor you have. Medusa nozzles are cheaper but I don't know if they will be discontinued when the current stock runs out. I have a list of most of the older motors and the nozzle sizes, mostly Medusa.

I have a liner for the motor. It originally was 3 grains. I only have two grains. The third grain usually had the nozzle taped to the box. I don't have the third grain's box. So, it should be a K560W. Which nozzle will work best? Thanks!

Buddy, you will also need a two grain liner and a nozzle with the proper nozzle throat diameter and you should run it in the two grain case.

Buddy, you will also need a two grain liner and a nozzle with the proper nozzle throat diameter and you should run it in the two grain case.

I have the two grain liner and the two grain case. I found a Tripoli motor test report written by Sue McMurry to Gary Rosenfeld that states the nozzle is the Medusa nozzle. So, I'll order that from the EX store. Thanks, everyone!

I have the two grain liner and the two grain case. I found a Tripoli motor test report written by Sue McMurry to Gary Rosenfeld that states the nozzle is the Medusa nozzle. So, I'll order that from the EX store. Thanks, everyone!
And make sure you launch it independently or on a Tripoli waiver since it is now an experimental motor.

I have a liner for the motor. It originally was 3 grains. I only have two grains. The third grain usually had the nozzle taped to the box. I don't have the third grain's box. So, it should be a K560W. Which nozzle will work best? Thanks!
2 grain liner is 11-1/16" long. You can cut down the liner you have if necessary. I have the Medusa nozzle dimensions, 11/32 and 2 size 'D'. Note that the older reloads used a Medusa nozzle so you should be able to fly at a regular launch. Just state it's an Aerotech K560 and if asked just tell them it's a few years old. BTW, all the Aerotech 75 and 98 mm I've received had all the parts except liner and grains (Nozzle, O-rings, smoke grain liner, and smoke grain) in a anti-static bag. The complete reload had box(es) of grains, a liner, and the bag of the remaining parts. CTI loads had the nozzle in the liner, a tube of the rest of the parts and box(es) of grains.

Last edited:
if you use original parts it is still a certified motor
coming from different places makes no difference

Back