How about Up Up and away Stories?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Zericon
. . it was it's first and only launch only my second rocket ever . . . went up, lost sight, slightly cloudy day, only to see the ejection and parachute then see it drift into a huge marsh way to deep to navigate thru

Boy, everyone has done that trick (maybe not into a marsh, but certainly drifting away-----)

My first rocket was the Astron Streak. In case you don't remember the Estes line from 40 years ago, the Streak was a teeny thing barely long enough to hold an 18mm motor, with a little round NC on top, and skinny little fins swept back just enough to keep it stable. Brilliant child that I was, I painted mine gray and black and white.

I made my first launch from my back yard. We lived on the last continuous street before a creek went east-west through town, and the next street to the north was almost a mile away. So, there was a patch of trees, bushes, weeds, and creek, a mile deep and several miles wide, right next to my back yard.

The Streak was lost on its first flight.

About a year later, when we were out playing army, we stumbled across my little lost Streak. It was still flyable, but it got re-painted bright yellow first.

Back