Honor and Shame

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am so Honored to be able to belong to such a great group of people that exist around the Country, and the World!
No where else could I have been able to make life come to amends other than on "The Rocket forum".
I will support the forum for as long as I am able to, and maybe if I am not able to, so everyone around the World can communicate and enjoy stories.
Over the years it has been my honor and supreme pride and ability to be able to connect with people within the Rocket Community.
From my time of being well off, to having to sell off my collections to survive, "The Rocket Forum" has been my savior.
It Shames me that I have to bring myself to sell off some of my collections, but it was done to preserve our way of life...Which ain't much these days.
Everyone that bought from me has gained my utmost respect in helping us out, and I wish nothing more than successful building and flying of those kits.
I have to admit, my troubles are not over and I will no doubt have to reduce prices on what's left to fulfill my obligations.
I only hope that my kits from my collection goes to people that will build and fly, or add to their own collection, but not to gain profit from my kits threw sales on Ebay or other means to dispose of rockets. They have meaning to me, that is why I collected them, and I hope that is passed along. But the money speaks and the new owners has the choice of what to do with them. I wish I could make concessions, but that's like catching light in a jar. Only fire flys can be caught in jars!

"The Rocket Forum" is a wonderful place to share your knowledge. And I hope that sharing the knowledge continues. From Low Power Rockets to the monster High Power Rockets. And to the engine research stage of things.

I wish everyone the best of what they can be, build tuff, fly high, and recovery short!
And let new friends be made!!!
There is nothing like finding new friends by any means threw "The Rocket Forum"!!!
I have met some really nice people and I hope that everyone else can do the same.
And I hope you don't have to sell your collections to do it.

Last edited:
Woody, we all have ups and downs in our lives. There can be no judgement of honour, nor dishonour, based on events out of your control. Even substance abuse ( of which you have none) may be partially explicable to predilections based on biochemistry imbalances, environmetal factors and even prevailing economic conditions. One is niether a hero, nor villain, and value judgements are entirely internal, based on your life experiences. We all suffer from our own self concieved versions of reality based on the unique timeline of our experiences and reaction to the 'real world'. You have done well to provide as best you can by your abilities to interact outside your small sphere of infuence with the limited world of The Rocketry Forum, where like minded individuals as ourselves, find comfort, fascination and diversion from a greater, harsher and uncaring reality. Pure logic dictates we pay enormous sums of our supposedly 'disposable' income for these over priced bags of toys, consisting of a tube or tubes, balsa wood or plastic snd the odd bits and pieces of ehat supposedly replicates the icon in the real world. They serve no useful function in our survivabilty, save some issues of mental health or permutations thereof, but give a sense of self satisfaction that we occasionally share with others. We are the "nerd herd" and are bonded by our singular passion of rocketry. This is home, the safe haven of our phsyche that suspends the endless demands of our so- called civilization. Being members of aforesaid organization, no one should wish his neighbor ill, although thru time immortal, records exists that ancient traders capitalized on the misfortunes of others, exploited entire populations for personal gain, and applied laws, rules, religions and such to perpetuate that power. That is not here. There is no cheering squad waiting in the wings for the next personal bankruptcy, broken bone, divorce, or forbid, death. Yes, we will, as a herd or individually, capitalize on another's misfortunes. Such is your case. But rest assured, those overpriced bits of wood and plastic are going to those whose value judgements align with yours and are eagerly sought after, long after whatever entity placed those for profit in the market place. There is no shame in capitalizing on your ability to collect and store these relics and certainly one should expect you to be rewarded in kind for this preservation. Do not, out of desperation, give away the farm, nor sell the seeds of a future harvest. I speak on the condition we have known each other a long time. Why? Our common bond in this little cosmos we live in, and as fellow passengers in this huge spaceship we call Earth. I am just as subject to the frailties of the human condition as you are and by the grace above remain active in my 7th decade. My time will come, as it will to all, that I cannot function at this level and while I may rue the day, nobody wins the human race or gets out of this world alive. In other words, from the youth of today: "No harm, no foul" They may be indeed, wiser than our generation. Or at least, less verbose. Ad Astra, mate!

Woody, we all have ups and downs in our lives. There can be no judgement of honour, nor dishonour, based on events out of your control. Even substance abuse ( of which you have none) may be partially explicable to predilections based on biochemistry imbalances, environmetal factors and even prevailing economic conditions. One is niether a hero, nor villain, and value judgements are entirely internal, based on your life experiences. We all suffer from our own self concieved versions of reality based on the unique timeline of our experiences and reaction to the 'real world'. You have done well to provide as best you can by your abilities to interact outside your small sphere of infuence with the limited world of The Rocketry Forum, where like minded individuals as ourselves, find comfort, fascination and diversion from a greater, harsher and uncaring reality. Pure logic dictates we pay enormous sums of our supposedly 'disposable' income for these over priced bags of toys, consisting of a tube or tubes, balsa wood or plastic snd the odd bits and pieces of ehat supposedly replicates the icon in the real world. They serve no useful function in our survivabilty, save some issues of mental health or permutations thereof, but give a sense of self satisfaction that we occasionally share with others. We are the "nerd herd" and are bonded by our singular passion of rocketry. This is home, the safe haven of our phsyche that suspends the endless demands of our so- called civilization. Being members of aforesaid organization, no one should wish his neighbor ill, although thru time immortal, records exists that ancient traders capitalized on the misfortunes of others, exploited entire populations for personal gain, and applied laws, rules, religions and such to perpetuate that power. That is not here. There is no cheering squad waiting in the wings for the next personal bankruptcy, broken bone, divorce, or forbid, death. Yes, we will, as a herd or individually, capitalize on another's misfortunes. Such is your case. But rest assured, those overpriced bits of wood and plastic are going to those whose value judgements align with yours and are eagerly sought after, long after whatever entity placed those for profit in the market place. There is no shame in capitalizing on your ability to collect and store these relics and certainly one should expect you to be rewarded in kind for this preservation. Do not, out of desperation, give away the farm, nor sell the seeds of a future harvest. I speak on the condition we have known each other a long time. Why? Our common bond in this little cosmos we live in, and as fellow passengers in this huge spaceship we call Earth. I am just as subject to the frailties of the human condition as you are and by the grace above remain active in my 7th decade. My time will come, as it will to all, that I cannot function at this level and while I may rue the day, nobody wins the human race or gets out of this world alive. In other words, from the youth of today: "No harm, no foul" They may be indeed, wiser than our generation. Or at least, less verbose. Ad Astra, mate!

Exactly, well said!

I am finding, more and more, I miss my old secretary. She could type faster than I could talk, which kinda gave me the willies. I'm doing good at 35 words a day.....*sigh*
Buy a rocket from Woody!

I really wish I could help you, Woody, I think you're very deserving of it. This is a great forum, and filled with wonderful people! I am very appreciative of the compassion and concern I've received in the past few days.

One of the first things I stuffed into my "go bag" when heading to the hospital was my tablet (and charger). If nothing else, the forum provides distraction from circumstances and a positive outlet for imagination. To stay occupied, I read every post in the forum (even stuff I have no real interest in). A great way to go beyond the bad stuff in your own head.

From my time of being well off, to having to sell off my collections to survive, "The Rocket Forum" has been my savior.
John:
Things are really messed up in the world with capitalism ruining the lives of billions, as the greedy, selfish people who constantly need more money in their bank accounts, have absolutely NO empathy or compassion for anybody else. I'm 9 years into losing my health and I've been selling all my possessions ever since. I now have to quit renting the 1 car garage here at the condos that I've had for 4 years as I simply cannot afford it. The guy who owns it is a rich guy who owns 3 condos. So now all my possessions are stuffed into a 13 x 14 bedroom. 😔 We spend our youth gaining wealth, then spend our wealth trying to regain our youth as our health deteriorates. It happens and there's no stopping it. I hate seeing things sitting around collecting dust, providing no enjoyment to anybody. Instead of being unused, your kits can be enjoyed by us and our families. It is the right thing to do.:)

I hope I'll be able to do the kits I bought justice. One of these days I hope to get back Stateside as a permanent relocation, and when I do, I hope that I'll be able to meet, in person many of the folks here, including yourself. Please take care, and know that we're praying for you.

I hope I'll be able to do the kits I bought justice. One of these days I hope to get back Stateside as a permanent relocation, and when I do, I hope that I'll be able to meet, in person many of the folks here, including yourself. Please take care, and know that we're praying for you.
I would be truly honored if someday we could meet and launch a few K'Tesh. Truly and honor.

I am so Honored to be able to belong to such a great group of people that exist around the Country, and the World!
No where else could I have been able to make life come to amends other than on "The Rocket forum".
I will support the forum for as long as I am able to, and maybe if I am not able to, so everyone around the World can communicate and enjoy stories.
Over the years it has been my honor and supreme pride and ability to be able to connect with people within the Rocket Community.
It Shames me that I have to bring myself to sell off some of my collections, but it was done to preserve our way of life...Which ain't much these days.
Everyone that bought from me has gained my utmost respect in helping us out, and I wish nothing more than successful building and flying of those kits.
I have to admit, my troubles are not over and I will no doubt have to reduce prices on what's left to fulfill my obligations.
I only hope that my kits from my collection goes to people that will build and fly, or add to their own collection, but not to gain profit from my kits threw sales on Ebay or other means to dispose of rockets. They have meaning to me, that is why I collected them, and I hope that is passed along. But the money speaks and the new owners has the choice of what to do with them. I wish I could make concessions, but that's like catching light in a jar. Only fire flys can be caught in jars!

"The Rocket Forum" is a wonderful place to share your knowledge. And I hope that sharing the knowledge continues. From Low Power Rockets to the monster High Power Rockets. And to the engine research stage of things.

I wish everyone the best of what they can be, build tuff, fly high, and recovery short!
And let new friends be made!!!
There is nothing like finding new friends by any means threw "The Rocket Forum"!!!
I have met some really nice people and I hope that everyone else can do the same.
I'm new around here, where does one find your stash in order to buy some? Thank you and good luck.

Back