Honest John

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

lowga

A.K.A. 'Mr. HoJo'
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Great looking HoJo! I'm also a fan of the Cox RTF version--really think Estes or others should produce another RTF HoJo. I think it would do great sales. Coolest looking rocket ever.

billeblurzz

Reaction score
Thank you! It was an enjoyable build! One of my all time favorite designs in any scale!

lowga

A.K.A. 'Mr. HoJo'
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Starsky--wow, if that was my first rocket, I'd be super proud. Hell, it looks better than most of my builds now.

Tell us more about the custom touches that you put on this rocket.

Starsky

Reaction score
Starsky--wow, if that was my first rocket, I'd be super proud. Hell, it looks better than most of my builds now.

Tell us more about the custom touches that you put on this rocket.
Thanks! I used to build plastic models many, many years ago. I added larger 1/8" streamlined launch lugs and Army paint and decals from Stickershock and others. I also upgraded the shock cord and parachute setup. The paint is the trickiest part. I'm getting much better at prepping and applying Enamels and Lacquers smoothly.

lowga

A.K.A. 'Mr. HoJo'
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Your plastic modeling experience is evident. Fit and finish are spot-on. Good call on the upgraded parachute and shock cord. Most unsuccessful flights are caused by recovery issues.

Now, go fly that thing! Let us know how the rocket performs. Nice work. Love those Honest Johns!