Honest John shock cord hook

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relative Dimensions

Reaction score
Neep some help with this,the wire hook shock cord retainer for my COX Honest John in the body is missing, should I try to replace it or try another method? If worse comes to worse I may have to try an external mount, any suggestions?

You can tie shock around MMT and extend it upward. Myself, I would not use the elastic, A 5' length of kevlar cord would be perfect. You can glue a small wooden mount inside tube to tie it to. You could also do the Estes 3 fold mount. I have used yellow masking tape for this before and it works well.

You can tie shock around MMT and extend it upward. Myself, I would not use the elastic, A 5' length of kevlar cord would be perfect. You can glue a small wooden mount inside tube to tie it to. You could also do the Estes 3 fold mount. I have used yellow masking tape for this before and it works well.
I want to use the kevlar cord but I only need one length, not a whole roll.Can I get it like that?

Back