Honest John Scale & Paint

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowga

A.K.A. 'Mr. HoJo'
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for sources of scale data related to the Honest John missile. I've gathered a lot of easy-to-find stuff including Harry Stine's drawings, photos, etc. but still have a lot of questions that are unanswered.

Recently, I saw a 2.6" HoJo that was beautiful. Painted olive drab, and the modeler had included lots of details such as a hatch opening, stenciling, etc. I'd love to replicate those efforts, but need more data to go on.

Purchased Peter Alway's book on Paint Schemes for the V2--(WONDERFUL BOOK) and realized that paint scheme information is a pretty big hole in my library of Honest John information.

Considering that the Honest John rivals the V2 in terms of long term popularity for modelers, inclusion in many manufacturers inventory, etc. you'd think that scale information would be easier to obtain.

Suggestions?

Bob I remember that. I was and still willing to get involved with seeing that kind of material reproduced for the hobby to have access to and enjoy. If anyone has leads and copies lets hear from you and get them reproduced.

I'm looking for sources of scale data related to the Honest John missile. I've gathered a lot of easy-to-find stuff including Harry Stine's drawings, photos, etc. but still have a lot of questions that are unanswered.

Recently, I saw a 2.6" HoJo that was beautiful. Painted olive drab, and the modeler had included lots of details such as a hatch opening, stenciling, etc. I'd love to replicate those efforts, but need more data to go on.

Purchased Peter Alway's book on Paint Schemes for the V2--(WONDERFUL BOOK) and realized that paint scheme information is a pretty big hole in my library of Honest John information.

Considering that the Honest John rivals the V2 in terms of long term popularity for modelers, inclusion in many manufacturers inventory, etc. you'd think that scale information would be easier to obtain.

Suggestions?

Les,

Shoot me an email and I will "hook you up" with Honest John data . . .

[email protected]

Dave F.

Dakot196, What sort of information are you seeking? I will be happy to share anything I have on the HoJo.
I am looking to clone and add a bunch of scale details to a maxi brute HoJo. Anything helps. Mainly nose cone details, spin rockets, upper rail fittings, fin can details, etc. I plan to do rivets and panels also.

It's not finished, but I'll add this... The error messages are incredible

1682848717774.png

Attachments

• Estes Honest John (2166).ork
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I’m staring to like it more and more. Since I can’t get a commercial nose cone on my retired budget, I am going to try to make something. Built up I think with foam and a bt20 in the core with CRs as formers. Wish me luck.

Back