Honest John M50 Improved with West German markings?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowga

A.K.A. 'Mr. HoJo'
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on a quest to document and detail all known paint schemes for the Honest John missile, including variations in test rounds at White Sands Missile Range, weapons in active inventory in the US Military, National Guard versions, and those sold to foreign forces for use overseas. Here is a photograph I came across recently. It looks like some variation on the German Greek Cross design, but I've been unable to determine this for certain. The missile pictured is the MGR-1 (M50) Improved Version of the Honest John, which was deployed across Europe from 1955-1975.

Always looking for photographs of the Honest John which served with the armies of Belgium, Britain, Canada, Denmark (non-nuclear), France, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway (non-nuclear), South Korea, Taiwan (non-nuclear), and Turkey. One of the most interesting paint schemes is that of South Korea, which had the Korean flag largely painted on the side of the weapon.

Anyone know more about this version?

M50 German Rocket.jpeg

M50 German Rocket CU.png

Back