Honest John (Estes K-27)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbeckey

Reaction score
Here is the NC and shroud for the HJ. I decided to fix the top of the tube to the NC and put in a coupler. I believe this will strengthen the paper shroud. I used medium heavy inkjet photo paper for the shroud pattern and a neat tool I found here to print it:
https://www.42nd-dimension.com/rocketry/templates.html

I filled the shroud with 20 minute epoxy mixed with an equal part of Sig microballoons. Didn't add much weight and will make the shroud as hard as, well, hardened epoxy.

You found the Template Widget!!!

I have it downloaded but didn't know how to pass it on to the rest of the guys here.

I'm not a very STOOOOONG computer person...but I try.

EVERYBODY!!! go to this site and download the Template Widget it works really great!!!

https://www.42nd-dimension.com/rocketry/templates.html

If you have a CAD program like I do, just plug in the results and BINGO...Instant shroud pattern.

Very slick device.

I so glad ya found it!

sandman

Actually, this particular widget PRINTS the shrouds, fin patterns or tube miter template on paper stock of your choice from your printer! You can choose a BT tube transition to an inch measurement, or a BT to a BT, etc. Very Slick!

WOW! This has to be one of the coolest, if not easiest, programs to use!!! I'm in love! I have 2 packs of card stock left over from the holidays just for the occasion!

Many thanks! This is the first time I've ever seen this program mentioned.

Here is the completed HJ, sans paint. I used thinned Fill n Finish to fill in the paper spin thrusters, then sanded with nail files and coated with CA.

Let see what she will look like when your done painting her - I'll bet she'll look reeeeeal slick

VERY Nice.

Shraouds are a challenge!!

What paint scheme are you going with? Have you seen the red with black roll pattern version?

Ain't Digital cameras a blast!!

Originally posted by rbeckey
Here is the full view.

Don't want to alarm you rbeckey but, someone has installed your light switch sideways. :rolleyes:

Back