Honda Ridgeline Ad w/High-Power Rockets & Launchsite

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deandome

Reaction score
[video=youtube;LuUYieifXIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuUYieifXIU[/video]

Pretty cool to see a legitimate depiction of large, high-power rocketry reaching a mass-audience. The only thing that looks 'off' is that there's a good amount of smoke around the pad for 3-5 seconds before the rocket launches

Anyone here involved in setting this up? The desert site and types of pads & rockets makes me think the creator(s) have experience in the hobby.

We DVR pretty much everything we watch, and we skip over the commercials when we watch the recording. All you see are brief images and frames from the commercials as they flash by. Just this weekend we were watching something and zooming through the commercials at 3x fast forward, and I shouted out, "WHOAH! Hold on a second! We need to go back! I think I saw a rocket!" My wife indulged me, we went back, and it was this Honda commercial. Pretty cool!

They didn't do the stupid "Do Not Attempt" watermark like Mazda. Kudos to Honda.

I have seen the smoke before movement a number of times, all it takes is a motor that is slow to pressurize and ta-da a dramatic liftoff shot.
Rex

The funny thing is, before I could watch the Honda commercial that was posted, I had to watch a Hyundai commercial...

[video=youtube;LuUYieifXIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuUYieifXIU[/video]

Pretty cool to see a legitimate depiction of large, high-power rocketry reaching a mass-audience. The only thing that looks 'off' is that there's a good amount of smoke around the pad for 3-5 seconds before the rocket launches

Anyone here involved in setting this up? The desert site and types of pads & rockets makes me think the creator(s) have experience in the hobby.

Clearly one of my sugar motors. Or should I have said "foggily"?

I've seen a video where thy lit smoke grains prior to lighting the motor. Gave it a nice smoke effect before the rocket took off.

Everybody looks a little close to the pads... I didn't hear a countdown either, or "Fire in the hole!"

That looks like a ROC launch.

The yellow rocket on the pad to the right met its untimely end at LDRS.

Everybody looks a little close to the pads... I didn't hear a countdown either, or "Fire in the hole!"

And, the person driving the Ridgeline arrives late, avoiding having to help set up the range! :)

I saw the commercial for the first time a few nights ago on a TV at a restaurant. It reminded me of Robb, one of NEFAR's regulars who could pack a giant M-powered beast in his Ridgeline for trips to launches.

-- Roger

Yeah, and in the beginning there's the truck tooling around the quarry/mine blasting site while detonations are happening.:lol::point:

So glad I got rid of TV.

Back