Homemade Launch Pad.......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer

Reaction score
I keep an eye on the steel scrap dumpster at work and one day I spied a sign holder that was destined to be scrapped. One look at it and it was obvious what it could be used it for. (don't you agree?)

I cut the 1/2" pipe off that held the sign, rethreaded the end and screwed a 1/2" floor flange onto the stub. The deflector was again made out of stainless steel scrap and bolted to the flange. Two holes drilled in the pipe were threaded to 1/4x20 and bolts screwed into the pipe holds up to 1/2" launch rods dropped into the pipe. The steel is 3/16".

If a person had a welder it would be easy to fab. It is bulky but makes a great launch pad.

Good Grief Swimmer!
Ah Ha ha ! that one's gotta be a handful to carry around:D:D I thought I went overboard when I built my semi-Selfcontained 45lb Solar-capacative discharge and Relay Launcher that will take up to 3/8" x 6foot Stainless launch rods... but you've got me Way beat:D:D Amazing what we can find laying around.. and I'm in the sign business:(

wow
thats quite a launch pad:)
it definately needs to be tested out;)

Back