The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Chase

Fly29mm
Reaction score
Some of you know I found a thick wall motor mount tube and rings in my very small parts box. After some sanding I made it all fit in an old beat up LOC 2.14 tube. I needed some launch lugs however there were none it my parts box. What to do? Make some so I retrieved a couple of bic writing pens from the kitchen drawer. It was the caps I was interested in. I cut one piece of plastic from each of the pens. I used thick superglue to tack each to it correct position to the old LOC tube. It's not coming off!upload_2020-2-27_10-59-0.png
upload_2020-2-27_11-14-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-27_8-57-3.png
    upload_2020-2-27_8-57-3.png
    258.1 KB · Views: 35
Here in IL. most restaurants have switched to heavy wall paper straws. These are just a tiny bit larger than the 3/16 rod. I've grabbed a few and used them on a couple of Alpha 3 rebuilds. Seem to work fine.

Here in IL. most restaurants have switched to heavy wall paper straws. These are just a tiny bit larger than the 3/16 rod. I've grabbed a few and used them on a couple of Alpha 3 rebuilds. Seem to work fine.
That's a good idea I'll have to find some.

Fly rod guides are cheap and you could order a bunch of one size.

I have gone to Micro Buttons on pretty much all my builds. I get 10 for under $1.50, I just got 20 more this week. I really like the micro rail.

Once upon a time I rolled paper lugs.

Paper straws are great, and they attach easily with white or wood glue. They are a little bit oversized, so obviously not for competition models, but for sport models they work well.

Fly rod guides are cheap and you could order a bunch of one size.

I have gone to Micro Buttons on pretty much all my builds. I get 10 for under $1.50, I just got 20 more this week. I really like the micro rail.

Once upon a time I rolled paper lugs.
what type do you use? there are so many I don't know what to select when I do a search.

what type do you use? there are so many I don't know what to select when I do a search.

I would look at something like these. https://www.mudhole.com/Minima-Fly-...F?fragment=/Minima-Fly-Running-Guides-Model-F I have used them quite a bit for building fly rods. They hold up well, are very light and the price isn't horrible. If you have a Micro Rail available I would definitely encourage you to head that direction. The micro buttons are even cheaper and the rail is quite stiff.

Back