Home brew controller

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Heres my new launch controler . Most of the parts where from Maplins and cost under £30
The pad has a 12v 7.2maH (I think) Motorcycle battery . It is capable of launching 3 pads at once (HPR or LPR) . It has 3 slots where the wires clip in using Jack-Plugs. Each jack plug has 30m of cable.
The controller uses : 3 LED's , 3 rocker switches , 1 Key-Switch , 6 crocodile clips , 3 Jackplugs , 3 female plugs , 1 Button.
Any feedback would be great ;)

Ohh and heres some pics of course ;)

Close up (Sorry about the bad quality)
-Karl

Thats a sweet controller! I wanna build something like that one day... I'll probably use a car battery and a relay.

I like the idea of being able to switch pads. Perfect for drag races! :cool:

Phil

Yep it's the best way to do drags , and with it being 12v both rockets will ignite at the excact same time (Hopefully) . I connected it up with a estes ignitor before , as soon as I pressed the button it fired first time :cool: :cool:
-Karl

Sweet controller Karl!

I did think of one *possible* problem though! :rolleyes: Take a look at your key switch, I'm geussing this is your safety key? If so, can you remove the key from both on and off position?

UKRA safety code says "The safety key must not be capable of being removed leaving the controller in a live firing mode."

I bought a key switch from Maplins for my safety key but couldn't use it as it didn't comply.

Just wanted to let you know...sorry!

Nope , this is realy the only part what didnt come from Maplins. I did get one from there to start with , but soon after realised it doesent comply. The key on this one can only be removed when its in the 'off' posistion.
-Karl

I got it from RS Products ( My dad works for them ) So if you need one let me know , and i'll do my best to get you one :)
-Karl

Looks very similar to the controller I'm thinking about building. Do you have a circuit diagram?

Yep , I will scan it and post it asap !
We incounterd a major problem last nite , the controller was turning it self on when it was lightly knocked. The Key-Switch is dodgy , so it looks like we will have to get a new one :(
-Karl

Back