Holverson Slider

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prowlerguy

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or used the Holverson Slider pad? I was thinking of getting one. Any thoughts?

I have seen the holverson slider pad being used for launches on a regular basis.The largest motor i have seen on it is a G.It's very stable and handles 4-5ft rockets easy.It's a great price too but im not sure if they are available over here in the U.K. you may have more luck in the states.Infact if you know somewhere thats selling them can you let me know:)

John,
Deepsky list the Holverson Slider pad on their site but a quick look at the price list says they're not available. Not out of stock but not available.

I think Holverson Designs are out of business, are they the same people?

Shame, it looks like a nice pad.

Hit ROL auctions. Holverson is, for (almost) all intents and purposes, out of business, due in a large part to a poor decision to make parts out of Styrofoam. The owner is always trying to sell his stock off on ROL in an attempt to, in his words "reboot" the business using more quality parts. If his website has contact info, I'd emal and/or call for stock before ordering from the website.

After visiting his site, he may have rebooted already. I'd still call first to make sure.

Holverson had some nice rockets until they became (Fun Rockets), and went to all syrofoam stuff. My son has a Tangent which reminds me of Fliskits style rockets. All balsa nosecones and fins. They were going to come out with a staged version of it, but never have. This was before they became Fun Rockets.
He was trying to sell all the foam rockets to hopefully have enough funds to start his line up again the way it was. At least that is my understanding of it.

The slider pads looked like they were well made. You never know he may still have some if you ask...........Larry

I have a Slider and a Tri-Slider and have used them for about a year. They are well made, solid and take a lot of abuse in the back of my pickup. Doug has them on ROL auctions from time to time. He may still have a few in stock. He was offering the templates for sale a few months ago but I don't know if anyone bought them.

Thank you all for your feedback. I have sent Doug an e-mail and I will let you know what he says.

Just thought I would pass along Doug's reply

Hi Your information is wrong, we are still in business and have the Slider Pads in stock.
Thanks for you interest and inquity.

I can't stop looking at this pad. It appears to be compact, no assembly at the field required, and stable enough to handle a 3" dia. 29mm powered rocket. I currently use a PVC homemade job, but I've already gotten to the point of being frustrated with carrying all of the parts and assembling it at the pad. I adapted it for rail usage, but with the rail attached it is somewhat unstable. The plastic flexes too much for my liking.

I do, however, own an Estes Pro Series PowerPlex pad. The legs on it seem really clumsy and wobbly. The rod mount has a plastic "friction" positioning system that I think is lacking heavily. One good gust of wind and I forsee the plastic rod mount giving allowing the rocket to tip and hit the ground.

In a nutshell, I'd like to get the Slider, ditch the PVC job, keep the PowerPlex as a collectable, and make a dedicated pad for the rail.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

I have launched a 3" PEL Patriot, a Phantom 4000 and several other large rockets from the Slider using a long 1/4" rod without a problem. The pad is very stable, easy to set up and tear down. In short, well worth what I paid for it.

The Tri-Slider is the main stay for our weekend launches at the park. We set it up with 2 1/8" rods and a 3/16th rod and launch 20 to 30 flights in an afternoon with just 2 or three of us flying. Every thing from 1/4As to E18s have been launched without any signs of excessive damage to the deflectors.

Doug has a very nice product.

Rocky Firth

The pads are terrific. Our Boy Scout troops have tried everything to destroy both the slider and the tripad, but they keep coming back for more. Very well built, folds neatly for storage and includes a neat little clip to store the three rods you get with the pad. The legs are chisel shaped so you can jam them into the ground and they stay put on windy days. Highly recommended!!! I will be ordering more shortly.

Originally posted by arthur dent
a great price too but im not sure if they are available over here in the U.K.

John, I think Deepsky now has them in stock.

Back