Holidays & prezzies !!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntrance

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have not long returned from Florida, to the UK for a weeks hols.
I knew from this forum that rockets are cheap out there, so I had the intenstion of sticking loads in my case to fly home to blighty.

My luck was in as I found a WALMART on the 192.

They only had a few kits, and Launchables.

I found a Baby Bertha, Fatboy
There was a kit like the xfliers which I should have bought but stooooopidly I never.

And a Maxtrax Kit $24

Whoping price of $8.44 for the baby bertha & FatBoy
I bought "WOODY" the BB & "PWALPOCO" the fatboy.
I bought myself the BB,FB & Maxtrak

Man these where real cheap compared to UK prices
The Maxtrak is about £40 which is almost $70 with ex rate of 1.75

The maxtrak, as it's a KIT, had 2 Motors, which i put in water and bined, I put a note on them saying Explosives had been removed from the kit.

Man did I have a lot of explaining to do in SANFORD airport.
I nearly broke down to cry, but luckily I explained myself very well to the Manager, but was told if the machine detected explosives they would be bined, but thatnks for declaring them.

WARNING " IF YOU PLAN ON BRINGING THESE BACK FROM THE US REMOVE THE MOTORS AND DECLARE THEM, OR YOUR IN SERIOUS TROUBLE"

Lucklily I did the right thing, or I would have been questioned for ages, and possibly shot.

Now our team ARC have a few more rockets to play with !!

Al.

wow i cant believe you got through.....the security is pretty tough.....they even searched a guys wallet once. He asked if they were gonna find a rifle in it, they the arrested him :eek:

looks like you made out good though.....$70 wwwwooow

Yeah, we (GF and me) Had loads of explaining that they wern't like the 4th July celebration type of rockets, I showed the woman the diagram of the "flight" and she went away, and was happy that you need to put an explosive charge like the size of a $10 of quarter's coin wrap in it, put the electrical thing in it, put the box with wire on it that needed 4 AA bats, and it would fire.

But as the box with wires was still wraped up with no AA's in it, the electrical thingy (igniters) was still in a plastic bag, and NO MOTORS it was 100% safe.

She said normally people buy them and bring them through not knowing what they are.

Like in my past post, I NEARLY CRIED, like 5 seconds from doing so!

I don't know if I'd do it again, as it could have ended in tears, your kits are so cheap though.

Launchables are fine as they are in bit.
The Kits are dodgy. "ALWAYS CHECK FOR MOTORS"

Hmmmmm, I must tell PWALPOCO NOT to try to bring in a phoenix type of rocket, or whoever get the explaining won't belive its a kit !! :p

Al

Back