Holidays are coming, wonder if there will be any new, innovative gizmos (Mr Bean?)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Haven't heard or seen much from Mr. John Bean lately. Maybe he's working on something new and improved for Santa to deliver? How about our other suppliers of gizmos and toys, you got anything for us to look forward to this year?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm wondering too..

I'm also wondering about a new kits.. Maybe a few "scale" kits that'll make some HPR guys eagerly flashing $$$.. (oh, I don't know.. a Madcow 4" AMRAAM or 4" Harm?!!) Maybe a few exotic / foreign kits too.. (like an Exsocet or something from SAAB?!)

Haven't heard or seen much from Mr. John Bean lately. Maybe he's working on something new and improved for Santa to deliver? How about our other suppliers of gizmos and toys, you got anything for us to look forward to this year?

Inquiring minds want to know.

You mean John Beans. Mr. Bean is something else entirely.

www.mrbean.com

Still looking for that elusive 38mm-to-29mm 2-stage kit... I'm too lazy to scratch build one.

I'm just hoping that some 75mm CTI reloads become available by the end of the year. Preferably sooner.

Mr Bean - funny British guy.
John Beans - Jolly Logic
John Boren - Estes
38mm-29mm 2 stage - Sabrina endorsed/Wildman Kit ~Vaporware~

I heard some rumor that they are bringing back the Super Big Bertha as a Pro Series II in 29mm.

... but that's just a rumor...

DSCN0367a.JPG

I'm really hoping for a smaller JLCR that fits more comfortably in a 38mm tube that also does all the things the Altimeter Three does.

Shoot, why not have the capability to fire an ejection charge while you're at it?

And GPS tracking.

That'll do.

Elusive? Here's one, PML Mini BBX w/Terrier Booster. I have one built but I have yet to fly it, nice kit.

It wouldn't survive being dragged around the playa at Lucerne Dry Lake. Looking for a FG kit, I probably should have mentioned that...

Saw some new, upcoming GPS trackers on Missile Works' site the other day. Called the T3 GPS Telematics Tracking system: https://www.missileworks.com/store/#!/T3-GPS-Telematics-Tracking-System/p/90226446/category=19848147

Here's the blip from the web site - looks like it's coming soon:

The T3 Tracker System (Tiny Telematics Tracker) is a simplified and scaled down version of our RTx/GPS system. Even though the T3 system is our lower cost "Buy and Fly" tracker system, it still uses the same proven core components as its big brother RTx, specifically:

- uBlox7 GPS Engine
- 1/4 watt XBee Radio Modems
- HC-06 Bluetooth Module

The T3 system relies on your Bluetooth ready Android device and uses any NMEA/Bluetooth stream reading Android app (Blue GPS / Rocket Track / Rocket Locator) which are all available in the Google Play Store. The T3 system is based upon the original "Rocket Track" open hardware project.

-brant

I'm really hoping for a smaller JLCR that fits more comfortably in a 38mm tube that also does all the things the Altimeter Three does.

Shoot, why not have the capability to fire an ejection charge while you're at it?

And GPS tracking.

That'll do.

And data logging

I'm just hoping that some 75mm CTI reloads become available by the end of the year. Preferably sooner.

If not, and you need something for your L3, get in touch with Ted Chernok. I'm sure he would lend you a case and sell you a Loki load. He usually comes to Red Glare, so might make for an easy pick up.

Back