Holiday/festive season adverts/the Christ in Christmas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a British ad i found - about the Nativity scene... did they have to to put all those pearl necklaces on that young girl?

Maybe they were trying to make the costume look homemade?

I think most angels might take exception to the idea that they wear pearls.

I think the idea was the angels are supposed to be really shiny and sparkly but the Gates of Heaven are made of pearls so that really seems odd. Why is she wearing material the gates are made of?

It's like that joke about the man who knew Christ as Savior but he was really rich and convinced God to let him bring one bag with him to Heaven. He brought it up there and when he got there he was told, all the things you could bring and you brought pavement? Because the gold he brought was what they make the streets with.

[video=youtube;tgORQLTshDI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgORQLTshDI[/video]

How else are you supposed to indicate homemade head angel status in less than 2 seconds? Yup, string of beads & gold garland, moving on.

I could work up some offense at the angel's announcement of "I bring great news! A greater variety of gluten-free products—oh, and also, the birth of Christ."

Back