Hobbylink sent more than I ordered

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewEntity1

Reaction score
My Hobbylink order arrived right on the day it was supposed to yesterday...but arrived in a strangely huge box!

When I opened it, there were all these 36" long BT50 tubes in there...not just one tube, but FOUR of them!

I checked my online confirmation, and I was not charged for these...so I guess I got a free life-time supply of BT50 tubes :p

My main concern is that if there are extra items this time, next time I order, something might be missing :(

Now I know where my BT50 tubes went :D

its a Karma thing to make up for the long delay in your first order - the universe is now back in balance :)

Now if you really want the "karma" to stay on your side, you need to call Hobbylink & offer to send the extras back at their expence if they would like.
I would guess that the freight & restocking hassle would cost them more than their original cost for the tubes & they'll tell you to keep them.
Then you won't have dreams of the body tube police showing up at your door with rubber hoses.
Vance in AK.

The tubes were loose in the box, and not inside a plastic bag like Estes would sell 'em. Its almost like they were stuffed in there as some kind of packaging reinforcer. Also, I think Estes sells 3 to a bag, not four (as shown on Hobbylink's own website).

I might take Vance's advice, however, and call Hobbylink and ask if they want them sent back at Hobbylink's expense. Always good to brown-nose my suppliers :D

Oh the Morality !

I feel so unclean now I know youve gotten things for free ...

My moral conscience urges me to tell you to give them back ...

:(

:confused:

:rolleyes:

Oh sod it ! Keeeeeep em , Keeeep em ! , Keeeeep em !! LOL

Mmmm , well , Im sure on reflection youll do "the right thing" ..... but if you have any spare tubing left over ............

:cool:

Paul

when I ordered a new Initiator body tube, hobbylinc sent two. I called them and the nice lady said "thanks for calling, keep it, merry xmas." so my conscience is clear and now we have a tube for another project. I know what it is going to be :)

next time I am going to order a bunch of stuff and see if they magically double it!!

NewEntity 1, I was checking out your rocket pics(very nice by the way, both the pic quality & the rockets), & noticed your fin alignment tool. Where can I find one of those?
Vance in AK.

Vance, actually the mentioned company, Hobbylinc, sells the Estes fin alignment tool for $6.39. This price isn't too bad either.

Rocketboy & NewEntity, does the tool work as well as it looks like it would if you use quick setting glues?
Vance in AK.

I suppose with quick setting glues, it might.

For the slow setting stuff I used, I had to tape everything down as well. Its great as a tube marking guide, but as a fin-alignment tool...well, I'll probably have to make my own jig before I start any large projects that don't have pre-slotted tubes. Note that my Executioner has preslotted tubes, so it won't be a problem :)

I find it works very well on rockets with up to 3/16" fin stock. If you are careful not to jam the tool onto a fin and break the little plastic wedge, it will last indefinitely. I've used it mostly on midpower rockets; I find on very small rockets it is hard to use as this is not the smallest fin alignment tool ever made. You'll know what I mean if you ever try it on a rocket like a Wizard or Mosquito. And yes, I've used it exclusively when tacking down fins with CA without any alignment problems. There are some minor adjustments that may need to be done when the glue is drying, like a little nudge here or there but otherwise I find it to be pretty accurate.

Originally posted by PWALPOCO

Oh sod it ! Keeeeeep em , Keeeep em ! , Keeeeep em !!

Did anyone else read that and in their head have it sound like Smeagol/Gollum????

nevermind, I see what you are talking about. I thought it was the one with the plastic guides and clips to hold the fins in place.

Back